1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can an abuser change?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by littlelola, Mar 5, 2010.

1. GiJoe

GiJoe Silver IL'ite

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  2. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

GiJoe,

"It is made clear in Quiet Rage that if you put "normal" people in a psychologically unhealthy environment like a prison or a jail, they will become infected by their exposure to the diseased situation."

This is true. We are all influenced and formed by the society and the family situations we live in.

I didn't have the heart to watch that video....couldn't watch the video for more than a minute. Read the article....

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  3. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Stanford Prison Experiment is an interesting study on how normal human beings if given power, will abuse it to the extent to treating their own colleagues in a cruel fashion. I've watched the entire video quite a while back and I was as shocked as the Professor who was conducting the experiment, how the prison guards transformed into powermongers within days. The Prof had to abort the experiment midway after it degenerated into a power trip for people acting as guards and it is an interesting study on human behaviour.

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

I have seen some people changing after certain age though they had been a monster for long periods. But there are some people who think that what they are doing is the correct thing. Only if a person realises that what he/she is not right and want to mend their ways, something could be done. Some people derive pleasure when they see others in pain, only God can help them.

5. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

You can watch movie ASOKA.
    People who are in extremes are not worth living with... if they were extermely inhuman & they resort to change for good they turn into priests & give up the wordly charms.....

If only they were tolerable abusers.. they'll change into tolerable saints.
    I think it must be related to harmonal rush in an individual that makes him or her aggressive... I guess we get the right prescription/ science to deal with this :hiya. Many angry young men turn into timid personalities post 60s when they realise the inevitable.