1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can an abuser change?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by littlelola, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

What else it could be?

2. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

I can only say you were lucky that he changed!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

And what would that be? Facts please.

4. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

As said by many in here only if the abuser wants he can change or its useless.

Guesshoo you are one of the lucky ones.In my case I was not so lucky....evertime I walked out..everytime he would beg and plead and cry and also fall at my feet ( which is embarrassing in front of others). He would change just a little to pacify me for sometime and his nature of abuse will change...

According to me ....ABUSERs don't change ..they just change their methods...

1 person likes this.
  5. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

I think some common sense is in order here. It's really clear what Tridev meant, so why split hairs just for the sake of it?

Adolph Hitler... tortured and killed millions of people, was a psychotic freak (you know the story)
    Mao Tse-tung... killed between 20 and 67 million Chinese
    Idi Amin... torture and murder of 100,000-300,000 Ugandans (specified that the victims of his public executions "must wear white to make it easy to see the blood")
    Joseph Stalin... brought about the death of more than 20 million of his own people
    Ivan the terrible... fond of impaling people (enough said)

Is that enough examples of humans being cold and calculating murderous freaks? You (and everyone else on this forum) have probably heard of every single one of those people... so where is the need to even question that such people exist? It's common fact. :cool:

6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

You coming up with few number of people to generalize a whole human race of 6 billion as most notorious animals on this world, is common sense? Sorry !! :p :p but that is the most funniest explanation ever !!

Don't say its fact. It is not !!!. Please go and read Darwin's findings and many of great minds research on this subject before jumping to conclusions. I guess everyone in this world might agree to father of evolution's scientific findings, than what you and Tridev found out about humans !!

Gracias !!

7. waitingForTej

waitingForTej Senior IL'ite

That's 6 billion currently alive humans.. The entire race would be a much larger number ;-)

8. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

This is what happens, when someone who wants to pick on someone tries to find fault , this is human nature isn't it?

Can you re read. The poster had claimed inherently all humans are good they only need direction. Is this correct as per you?

ASG has mentioned the names of big monsters, she cannot nor I can mention every tom dick and harry who is out there to get the other guy

When I said human being is most notorious animal does it mean ALL? HOW and WHY did you interpret it?

When it comes to cruelty, its human who are most notorious to other animals. Do we need proof for that

Yesterday i was reading how sexual abuse on children has been prevalent from old times , even B.C, how children were slaved, tourtured, abused sexually, boys and girls. Slavery was so much prevalent all over the world. Humans chaining other humans and treating them like animals or worst. Even today when we see Gautamano bay prision.

The history is full of it. There is no need to call ALL humans nice inherently, but when it comes to cruelty humans are most notorius

Ps: I am re posting my comments, please re read again the post where did you interpret from and concluded that I said " Whole human race is most notorious".

There are by all means, horrible, real horrible, cunning, people in this world, whose only objective to live is to live for themselves and to see how they can cause hurt to others.

And NO somepeople cannot be changed, even with LOVE

I reiterate what ASG said, why pick hairs for the sake of it? why twist and turn things to say that a person does not meant?

9. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Nandhu.... I feel that we don't see more Hitler's because most people never reach his level of power or get the opportunities to rule like he did. The thing with evil is... sometimes it's contained to a powerless person in a mud hut in the middle of nowhere... and we never hear about them, because they never get a chance to exercise their evil. The problem happens when the wrong people get power and the OPPORTUNITY to assert their hate.

I believe that many people, maybe even the MAJORITY, have a good heart. But the sad sad reality is, there are truely evil people out there. Good? Yes. In between? Yes. Totally evil? Yes. Isn't that the funamental struggle of mankind... good vs evil?

I'm not very familiar with Darwin's findings and how it relates to good vs evil. But really, I don't need to read science books to know that some things in this world were acts of evil.... that's what my conscience is for. :thumbsup
    I don't believe that any amount of love would have turned Hitler or Idi Amin around. Do you?

10. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

I am with Tridev and ASG on this one. We are far from compassionate and friendly species by nature. Intelligent, yes. But compassionate and friendly? No way. We are the most manipulative, destructive and deviant species on the face of the planet without an inkling of doubt and we have consistently used our intellectual advantage to manipulate, oppress, kill and cause destruction, not just to our own species but to most other species on earth and we do not even mind destroying our own habitat for the sake of greed and selfishness. All the mass murderers and power hungry megalomaniacs who have come and gone throughout the history of mankind and all the wars we have fought throughout history in the name of power, religion, race and just plain greed are living testaments to the fact that we are anything but a compassionate and friendly species by nature.