1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can a woman transform a man?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@sdiva,

I have a few questions for you with respect to your feedback. It would be helpful if you respond so that I can understand your view clearly.

In your first post, you felt setting high standards for women is incorrect whereas in the second post you said you are not looking to lower the standards for women. I guess, you got convinced that mothers, grandmothers and great grandmothers have already set very high standards.

The above two wonderful statements about your father and husband makes me feel that these gentlemen have done/are already doing everything well to make you feel happy about their contributions to the family. Why you feel the standards for men to be increased further as indicated in the last line of your second post? In a family setting, if a father or a husband does everything that is possible, isn't it what is expected out of him?

Viswa

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vishwa,

You two are made for each other.She is a special person, from the qualities that u have mentioned. And u too are special, because there are very few who acknowledge and are grateful to the spouse as u are.

God bless yr family, and keep away the evil eye.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Dear Kamalji,

Thank you for the best wishes and your response. I know you think world of your spouse and she continues to be a great source of strength for you. I know without Harsha Ji, you would be lost. Many husbands like you are always grateful but don't say it in so many words to the spouse, me included.

Thank you again, my friend, and I assure you that I would stay away from the evil eye. :)

Viswa

4. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

I think you are taking sentences from different post/context and getting confused or perhaps I did not express myself well.

In my opinion, the men and women should be held to same standards and expectations. Women being expected to meet higher standards than men puts enormous burden on women which I think is unfair.

My full quote there was "I am not asking for expectations for women to be lowered but for men to be raised". If standards for women are high it is about time, the bar is raised to the same level for men. When that happens, women may not feel so overwhelmed. Sacrifice, pain and suffering is not only for a woman. A man is and should be just as much capable of sacrifice for his wife. As for pain and suffering, I don't wish that on anyone.

I don't personally feel burdened with impossible expectations from my family. My husband shares not just my happiness but also my pain and suffering. Personally I cannot ask for more. Unfortunately, that is not same for every woman.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to clarify. This thread however is about your wife and all her virtues and I don't want to distract from that any more than I have. I wish you both all the best.

1 person likes this.
  5. vidhyabaskar

vidhyabaskar Gold IL'ite

If and only if you are willing to disclose, we will quench our curiosity to know who she is !

6. Viswamitra

@Vidhyabaskar,

I believe in transparency and there is nothing to hide here. Her ID is Shobana Sridhar.

Viswa

7. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Viswa Sir A great snippet and very apt for the women's day. Congrats on a well deserved nominations as well. Wish you both a very happy and long married life.

Your post reminded me of my mother. When my father was 16 years old, he lost his father. Being the elder, he had responsibility of two sisters and 3 brothers and his mother. He completed his 10th standard and started working to support the family. Eventually, he married and had 3 children. Even with limited income, my mom saved every penny and helped my father's siblings and us children grow up. Growing up, we never had a maid, never ate out, or had many or fancy clothes. She stitched the cloth if it got damaged. Yet, she made sure that all the children went to private schools and she helped with our studies. Both my parents have passed away but we siblings are still wondering the amount of wealth our parents left for us while living a very simple life.

1 person likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

@sdiva20,

Thank you for the clarification and it helped me understand your thoughts better.

At no point of time, I disagreed with you regarding the men and women having the same set of standards nor I was trying to set higher standards for women through my posts. As you rightly pointed out, my objective of writing this post was to express my view of my wife's contribution to our family. In my response to @suryakala, she mentioned that women's influence on men are more even though they influence each other equally. I was only responding to her stating that the women has a natural flair for home building and they are great trainers truly in appreciation of women's role in a family. That doesn't mean men can't take greater responsibilities. They should.

Sometimes, what I want to articulate might not come clearly when I write in haste. I really appreciate your taking the time to clarify and mentioning that this post is all about my wife and her accolades.

Viswa

9. Viswamitra

@Akanksha1982,

Thank you for your kind wishes and for acknowledgment of the nomination of this post. After reading the second paragraph about your family, I understand what great souls your parents are. If your dad set a very high standards by working so hard to take care of 2 sisters, 3 brothers, mother and his own children, your mother managed the household so well to raise each one of you to be so successful in life. They are role models for people like us and future generation of people to come. They set very high standards and teach us how to develop virtues in life. We may slip and fall but these life experiences give us courage to get up and walk through in difficult times. I bow my head in respect to both your parents.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

What better way to celebrate Womens' Day than to recognize what they mean in your own life! As usual, Viswamitra, you have done that with great elan. Both you and your wife are indeed blessed to have each other. Wish both of you a lot of happiness in life.