1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can a mother behave like this??

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by vent, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

there is only so much any person can accept..and here we are talking about mil being on a verbal diarrhea about her son-in-law.. will the son in law accept it calmly, will he not question his wife, how come you are allowing your mom to talk so badly about me, just pack your bags and get out of there this moment.. some things need to be done with patience and care..this is one such relation.. you don't want to sabotage that understanding and accomodative aspect that is so good in your husband...

you are welcome..and learn this lesson, you are hit on the head only as long as you bend your head, it takes more strength to jump and reach your head when you stand up tall.. so learn to stand up for yourself, be it in the case of your mother or anything else, do not give the power to another person to hurt you.. these are small lessons we learn with what life doles out...

3 people like this.
  2. Barnowl

Barnowl Gold IL'ite

I sincerely hope that your kid doesn't get traumatized living in this toxic envt.

OP, time for you to move..

3. Kali123

Kali123 Senior IL'ite

As a mother, your mom should have asked you to go and stay with your husband. Instead she is asking you to separate from him. She should be feeling guilty about it.
    Fulfill your responsibility as a wife and mother now. Your son needs to bond with his father.
    How come your husband is silent to all this? Is he not asking you to join him?

4. Geetanjalikumar

Geetanjalikumar Gold IL'ite

Dear,

Please do not think about suicide. Think about living your life with your husband and kid. Did you discuss these things with your brother? What's his take on this? Does your mother have relatives at her native place? You have a kid and it's not good for you and the kid to stay away from your husband.

It's definitely not right on her part to verbally abuse your husband who in no way is associated with the arguments you had. Please start preparing your mother that you are joining your husband shortly.

5. vent

vent New IL'ite

Thank you once again for for your valuable inputs mam....As your display picture says.... Please keep me in your prayers So that I can be strong enough to move ahead.

6. vent

vent New IL'ite

Yes Time to be strong enough to lead my own life and move ahead...

7. vent

vent New IL'ite

thank you kali123 for the reply

8. vent

vent New IL'ite

Thank U geeta for replying...

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  9. Roopamanju

Roopamanju Platinum IL'ite

yes! not all "Mothers" in this world are angels, few are evil. you could never please her with your service instead give her some privacy and move on with your life, a minimal contact would keep this relationship healthy. :)

1 person likes this.
  10. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

Vent,
    few mom's are like the one you and I have ( i can relate with u quite a bit) pls pack you bags and leave with ur kid, be there for her just abt when she needs u for her health, rest of the things let her do on her own, she wud crib, maybe even go down to the extent of cursing n swearing .... but dont bother dont feel guilty go ahead with ur life