1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can a modern feminist love her mother in law?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by anuyogam1988, Mar 15, 2013.

1. anuyogam1988

anuyogam1988 Gold IL'ite

"What did I ever do wrong!"

You are just learning a lesson on how a mil should not be and it will make you even more stronger to deal with such self-centered creatures. Good for your future dil!!:)

1 person likes this.
  2. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Yeah bad for me good for my Dil - what if I don't have one!

1 person likes this.
  3. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

i believe i am a feminist........but i can not like/love my MIL.....many a times i think before also why cant i tolerate her....i just got one answer....i dont like her as a person...she is quite a bad person as per me....who does bad things not only to me but to others also for showing herself high....she is such kind of person whom i will keep atleast 1 km . distance if we have to meet her somewhere but irony of life i cant avoid her....

2 people like this.
  4. anuyogam1988

anuyogam1988 Gold IL'ite

:rotfl You can feed your daughter not to marry Indian guys.:thumbsup

5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Girls, many times the good MILs don't live long life. See many threads off late about missing their motherly MILs. So, beware of your future----

2 people like this.
  6. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

+1000 :iagree:iagree.. GOD needs good souls in plenty....

2 people like this.
  7. TheSahil

TheSahil Gold IL'ite

Most MILs are not good MILs, end of story.

3 people like this.
  8. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

I am not a feminist as I feel it is very strong word! Yes I am very independent and have my own opinion which can clash with my mil's traditional views but we respect each others view point.
    I think being a feminist or not has nothing to do with our relationship with our mil! Even women who are docile n timid can have horrible relationship with their mil and someone who is strong willed n straightforward can have great tuning with mil.
    Actually as they as tali do haathon se bajte hai( for clapping u need both the hands )
    So if I have good relationship with my mil credit also goes to her! If she was not nice , then mine being good with her won't have lasted long!!

9. anuyogam1988

anuyogam1988 Gold IL'ite

What I wanted to convey is slightly different.
    I think being a feminist or not has nothing to do with our relationship with our mil!

I disagree with you. Being a feminist might affect married life. There is a statement "feminist until you get married." Some mils can be good to some dils if they are adjustable and practice their traditions. But those mils might not feel comfortable with a dil who speaks against patriarchy. Mine is a special one. I love her not to please my husband or not for the sake of my husband. Because he never(can't) expects(expect) me to please her or anyone. He supports me blindly. I love her because she is a good person who never interferes in my views against patriarchy. I never try to interfere her practices.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/relationship-with-in-laws/209149-indian-marriages-values-makes-me.html
    Yes Feminism is a strong word. But I am a strong feminist.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  10. nicegirlradhi

nicegirlradhi Gold IL'ite

just have one question, if you dont mind. do you think not following traditions is termed as feminism?

if that is the case, marriage itself is thought to be a tradition invented by man for his own convenience. just want to know, you being a strong feminist, are you married and followed that tradition?:bonk