1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

calling US b/w 6am to 9pm costs both people

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sanju, Oct 10, 2008.

1. sanju

sanju New IL'ite

I have heard that calling US between 6am to 9pm(US timmings) would it cost them also who recive call b/w this time.And also if they call in b/w this time to India would it be doubled for them.so if we what to call in b/w this time what are the best options.vonage is best but its available only for landlines we we take cell it can have roaming i think so.so how people call b/w this timmings who talk more to India.

2. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

hi sanju,
    In india when we recharge the cell it is like we get some money to talk.. ie you have a balance amount. But here in US it is like we are getting time... ifor example : we pay $10(for international calling card) its like we are getting 100 minutes to talk to!
    And also similarly we have regular phone plans based on time. And the timings are like free after 7pm or 9pm (Again depends on the scheme) and its free during weekends..
    So, an incoming and outgoing calls during a weekend is free.Otherwise if you talk for 30 min it would cost us 30 min of the total time for that month...
    It is always good to call on weekends to US.. so that at least it is just the one who is charged not both.
    Hope i did not confuse you!:cheers