1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling husband by name?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Huma, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin Silver IL'ite

Oops....forgot to mention, my now-ex-then-gf...Mea culpa....Am single.

2. rajmyt

rajmyt Bronze IL'ite

it depends on each individual and couples personal closeness to call by name.

3. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

I call my husband by name. My mil never liked it but I don't care.

I don't understand one thing,if husband is called athaan, husband's brother is also called athaan, sister's husband is also called athaan. How are we suppose to know which one is the husband?

3 people like this.
  4. Paruchava

Paruchava Bronze IL'ite

Hi all of u
    I call my husband with his name and sometimes I call him mummy(when anyone is not there) i don't know I feal free when iam with him,he takes care of me like my mom

1 person likes this.
  5. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

isnt is husband's bro and sister's bro is called mama.
    i will not like it if my co-sis and sis call my dh atthaan. its too much.
    but personally, i dont think calling dh athan is appropriate nowadays. it's cute, but too .... (cant find the word, too personal? or too intimate? )

dovahkiin, sorry i assumed u're married because u actively reply on this forum.

6. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

In our side, those men are addressed as athaan. I find that word very romantic maybe because I have heard heroines calling their husband that way in old black and white movies.
    Only mom's brother and dad's sister's husband is addressed as mama. Then again their sons are addressed as athaan.

7. vidu24

vidu24 Silver IL'ite

When i got married, i used to call him "ennaga" me and my hubby felt uncomfortable but still i called him like that because we were in india. After moving here, i started calling him name which is more comfortable for both. But in front of my mil i dont call him by name(try to). mil got very angry and gave me a big lecture y i shouldn't call him by name. But now a days even in front of my mil i call him by name(not purposefully)but thats how practiced. I dont know what she thinks... so far my hubby is comfortable so iam not bothered.

1 person likes this.
  8. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

I call my DH by his name. In my case, its my parents who insist that I should not call him by his name, but my in-laws don't mind it. :) I was friends with my now DH for more than a year, I can't even imagine calling him "enanga" as thats how all call their respective H's in our family.

9. Nisitha

Nisitha Senior IL'ite

Ours is an arranged marriage.My my marriage got fixed i was not so comfortable calling DH by him name so i used to put "garu" / ji after his name. there was a gap of 5 months for the wedding and we used to talk a lot over phone and skype, got close and started calling with pet names when no one is around and by his name when people are around. My MIL told me not to call him by his name as we have to give respect to our DH , but i never took it seriously. I moved to US and call him by whatever name i feel like calling. Some time i call him "babu", "balaji" also which are no way related to him and he loves me calling with all those names.
    My ILs are around i dont say the "ra"/"da" word

10. misspink14

misspink14 Bronze IL'ite

I call my husband by name when we are out and about. But at home I call him honey and baby. There is nothing wrong with having nicknames for each other. It is an term of endearment.