1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling husband by name?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Huma, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Subharaman

Subharaman New IL'ite

I call my hubby by name and with nickname when we are alone.

None of my in laws had any problem with this and more than that my brother in law made fun of me when i called him "enna" (in tamil brahmin community) in inital few days of our marriage.

Only my dad had some problem but I cant be miserable for that. He has to come out of it. Thats my attitude.

These all happened only bcoz of my husband. When we spoke over phone after our first formal first visit he refused to call me by name until I call him by name. And so it happened and now became an usual thing. :)

2. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

well ours is a love marraige. a college love story a u will be suprised to know even that time when i was just his friend i never used to call him by his name. i was the only one who dared to keep a short form of his name and no one else was suppose to call him that. but that time we didnt know what was in store for us. till now i dont call him by his name.

3. tranquility

tranquility Bronze IL'ite

Mine, like Zeenat is a love marriage too.. We call each other by a lovable name (same name for both of us :)) which we used during courting and we still continue. Only difference is that when Iam irritated with him by his some stupid habits like not listening to me even when I say a sentence 4 times, the I utter is full official name :biggrin2: with a prefix of "Mr" and with his educational qualifications !! :2thumbsup: So he knows that now he better respond.:shaking:.Then we have a hearty laugh when he reminds me after the tide has settled..:)

4. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

tranquility same here. when v fight we will call each other by our names adding Mr and Mrs or by calling each other listen "Azmeena ke abba" and he will tell me "Azmeena ki amma" like how the oldies say in his native place. then v both will laugh.

5. Areena

Areena New IL'ite

I rarely call my husband by name... Call him only when I'm angry, but in general by his nicknames, when I talk to my parents or my in laws, just use word "husband" or "your son"

6. vidhyaramkumar

vidhyaramkumar Senior IL'ite

hi,
    i don't feel anything wrong in calling husband with his name. Name is kept only for that. Its an identity. I know previous generation people doesnt accept it. I dont care about that. If anybody has any problem its theirs and not mine.

7. surya123

surya123 Senior IL'ite

well said krishnamma......ur explanation is too good........ it does'nt mean that i am against calling husband by thei names........i too address him by his name while talking to others........ but i have liked ur logic........

8. scorpiogal

scorpiogal Senior IL'ite

I call him ny his first name and of course my ILS raised eyebrows and even my DH didn't like it .But I totally hated calling Ennago or Ennana or any other name .
    :thumbsup
    When confronted by MIL and others asked me its disrespectful to call your DH Rant:rotflby name I asked them whats wrong in me the wife calling him by name who is just 2 years younger to him when his brother and sis who are 12 years younger call him by name and not calling ANNA :thumbsup

Then everone including my DH kept quiet and I call him by his first name and when MY Son was born he use to call him thge same way too for the first 2 years and then later on we changed him to call APPA

9. tranquility

tranquility Bronze IL'ite

Ya.. Thats how it should be.. fight and forget and just laugh about it.. "Raat gayi, baat gayi"..

10. snehidhi

snehidhi New IL'ite

hi,

For some times after getting married I used to call my hubby by name......Then when we were seated in the bedroom and I was calling out his name my FIL enteredRant and noticed how we were talking.

Later in a train journey when we relatives were discussing about how we address our brotheres and sis he said " but then its bad to address hubby by name " ....

I really dont know how he would feel if i intervene into his private talks with his wife and comment on it indirectly later:crazy

regards
    snehidhi