Calling all women Who found it difficult to restart your career in UK

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by Sudoku, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Sudoku

Sudoku New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I came to UK on a spouse visa at the height of my career as well as height of recession, to join my husband who was working out of here. While I love UK, it was really difficult to restart my career and learn little things like how organisations are structured a bit differently and learn UK etiquette.

I am well settled again but it would be nice if we can all collectively share our learning for records of those coming here newly so that they can learn from it as well as understand that many people go through the same.

Thanks

2. Kruthibharath

Kruthibharath New IL'ite

Nice to see this thread! I left my job 6 months ago and came to UK. I have been searching for jobs since past 4 months and have attended 2 interviews. Still No Luck :( It would be great if you guys could share your experiences and provide gyan on getting a job here in UK!

3. Bumblebee20

Bumblebee20 New IL'ite

At the moment job market is not great in europe, but if you have experience and valid visa to work , it should't be a problem.

For perm jobs, here they do it in multiple stages ,

technical test -->General chat (phone or face to face) --> face to face technical interview ( and with coding test)--> HR interview --> job offer

keep applying , you will get one soon.

4. dkv

dkv New IL'ite

Thanks for the post
    Im also searching jobs in it now.
    plz suggest some good job site and agents in and around nottingham

5. mgh

mgh New IL'ite

Hi Sudoku,

Thanks for starting this thread. My plight is somewhat similar.I have 5 years of experience in testing and working
    in a reputed company.But since my husband is moving here i am forced to quit my job.I would be having dependant visa. Could you please let me how easy/difficult is to get a job here with depedant visa.It would be of great help

6. iyer12

iyer12 New IL'ite

I am not working for health reasons... However what i see is that the market is slightly dull now. Having said that, there are still lots of opportunities and with luck it is easy to find jobs. I have friends who had no calls in 6 months and then one day they got 5 calls and got the job the next week. So keep up the spirit ladies.

7. soujanya825

soujanya825 Senior IL'ite

Hi All need some help.

Can any one tell me how to find volunteering IT jobs in uk (Unpaid work)

Regards,
    Souji