1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all mothers with babies below 1 year....

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Nov 29, 2007.

1. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Suneetha

:welcome. Siddarth is a sweet name,we were planning to keep that name if we got a boy but as we wished we got a little princess.

Since he is crawling u must be really busy. Aditi is trying to crawl. She is lot of fun n naughty n curious n so on........

Even Aditi is not eating dal rice r idli, I am going to stick with cereal for a while. For now I am planning to grind dal with veggies to give her(except the rice) hope she likes it.

Aadhusmom I came to know that u r a pediatrician when I was reading one thread. WOW ! Glad to have u here.

-DSrini

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Suneetha.....:welcome Great to have you on board! I agree with Dhivya...Siddharth is a beautiful name and would have been one of my choices except that Aadhu's uncle is already called that. You sound like you are really enjoying your baby. As for the food question....I'm no expert but have you tried mashing up the rice in a mixie?....maybe its the consistency that is making him reject it? Does the Gerber cereal have sugar in it? If so maybe Siddharth might take idli/rice if is slightly sweet? I'm just thinking of various possibilities here. Dont know if it would help you in any way. Does he eat bananas and other veggies/fruits?

Dhivya....yeah..I'm a ped, so any medical questions do feel free to ask and I'll help if I can. Has Aditi said anything else besides amma?

Vanisri...Srihaas sounds like a handful! How is the experience of having a second baby after so many years?

Take care girls....ciao

Vanathi.

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Just trying to post a pic of Aadhu....

[​IMG]

4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

....and it works! C'mon girls...lets see some pics....

Vanathi.

5. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

Vanathi , he is sooo cute.

6. vanisri

vanisri New IL'ite

hi Vanitha,
    Aadhu is really cute very big eyes and seems to be very active.And its very nice to have a pediatrician.
    And about Srihaas its really wonderful to have him,mainly my older one he enjoys alot .Now he is pampered by three not two(by his brother too).
    vanisri

7. SS2007

SS2007 New IL'ite

Hi Vanathi, Dhivya, Vanisri, Shyamala and Lakshmi,

Hope you guys are doing good. Glad you guys appreciate the name "Siddharth".
    We named him Siddharth was because he was born on Gautama Buddha's birthday ( April - 8 - 20007 - easter Sunday).

Sorry, I did not give my intro; I work full- time as a PM and i am also a part-time student completing my advanced degree in management.

My delivery was pretty smooth. Siddh was born on the due date..in natural way.. Count my blessings!!!
    My parents were here in the US to help around till Siddh's 7 th month birthday. My grandma died, so they had to leave..
    Now, the hardest part:cry:, I leave Siddh at my friend's place in the morning and DH picks him up in the evening. But U know, this boy.. he acts like "ambi"8) at my friend's house and acts like " anniyan":spin at our house. LOL !!!

Vanathi, Aadhavan- nice/unique name, he is a cutie pie !
    BTW, I tried to grind rice in the mixie, but he rejected it right away. He eats all GERBER veggies, fruits, rice, oatmeal, barley cereals. So, I am not actually worried about the nutrition.. but I am kind of worried that he will turn into this american zombie, rejecting indian food all the way :-D

Take care folk, I will post Siddh's pic soon.
    Bye now - SS.

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Wow Suneetha....how do you manage everything? I only look after Aadhu and the house and I feel tired enough with that! Must be so hard having to leave Sidh everyday though. I hate the thought of leaving Aadhu and have been slowly postponing my return to work. Here's something that may help you. Its not Indian food but the recipes may help you get Sidh off Gerber atleast. MAKE HOMEMADE BABY FOOD RECIPES, HOMEMADE BABY FOOD RECIPES, SOLID BABY FOOD TIPS, BABY NUTRITION and MORE . And if he starts accepting home-made stuff them maybe he will accept our food more easily. Just a thought.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. Now pls post some pics of your babies.....would love to put a face to the names.

Vanisri....guess thats one good thing abt having kids spaced so wide apart...fewer fights and no sibling rivalry! Have you solved your carseat problem?

Dhivya..I've looked at a lot of your other threads. You have some great ideas for threads...very interesting topics...really livened up the marriage board!

I've caught a cold and sore throat and fever...hoping Aadhu doesnt get it.

Have a good day girls!

Vanathi.

9. CSLakshmi3005

CSLakshmi3005 New IL'ite

hi all!
    sorry i didnt chk this thread for a quite long time..

i m in a confusion these days. preethi is 5 months.till now i have been exclusively BFing her..her dr very strictly adviced me to only BF her till she is 6 months but these days she seems to be very hungry i almost feed her every 1 or
    1 1/2 hr....my mom asks me to introduce cerelac rice as liquid
    now my question is shld i start introducing her cerelac?
    if so shld i give the cerelac watery or as semi solid..??
    thanks in advance!

10. niveditathadani

niveditathadani New IL'ite

HI everyone here.
    Yess I am very much interested, as I have two and half month girl baby. She is my second one. I have 5 yrs 8 months daughter. They both r so cute and I feel I am really blessed to have two daughters. So much to tell.
    My second daughter, tries to raise her head when we put her down.

Nivedita