1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all mothers with babies below 1 year....

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Nov 29, 2007.

1. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

hi chikilkutty

usually children get dysentry when their first teeth grows....give him nicely boiled rice with sum moong dhal also which is well cooked.......smash it nicely so that the child can swallow it easily...

lov
    sowmi

2. redapple

redapple Senior IL'ite

Hi Ilites moms,

I jus want to share that we removed the hair for my baby... yes...she was crying a lot... even though here they jus do with hair clipper...she was crying by seeing the guy who cut the hair..

I have a question like how to take care after removing the hair...like do I need to apply oil everyday in her head? before that I apply oil and give bath... how should i do now?

It would be good if her hair grows in 2 mths as I am going to India to attend a marriage?

1 more qn: How do u feed the banana to the baby..jus smash and give? which banana you buy here...in some chinese store i saw baby banana(small in size like india)..
    which one r u giving to your babies?

take care of u n ur kids...

Indra

3. sowminivibu

dear red apple

they usually apply sandal wood paste as soon as heir heads are shaved..yes u can apply coconut oil which will be soothing for the kid and also help her hair grow.....by 2 months she shud have hair ,so dun wry...

reg the banana....u can just smash it n give it to her....which banana to buy i think one of the US friends wud help u out...

lov
    sowmi

4. chikilkutti

chikilkutti New IL'ite

Hi

I'm also a mom of 6 month old.
    wat is the schedule u follow to feed the baby?
    wat all food u have started?
    do u give ravakanji?how to feed that?
    do u give vit d milk or powder one?pls share
    kindly PM me.

5. redapple

redapple Senior IL'ite

Sowmi thanks for ur reply...

My baby also 6 mths old..i feed her the rice kanji daily..like roast the rice and make it as a powder in the mixie and pressure cook it( i ll put 2 tsp powder and add water, little salt)

i jus give this daily two times like around 12 and again 5 pm...u can see whether this works for your baby...

take care all of u

Indra

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    Chikilkuti...hello! What's your chld's name? Hope Indra and Dhivya's suggestions helped you. Are you breastfeeding? Have you started solids? Do give us a little info abt what your baby is taking now and it will be easier to suggest something.

Indra..Aadhu had his mottai too..last Sunday...hair has already started growing! He cried quite a bit during the shaving but was ok afterwards. Its a huge relief to me, not to have to wash his hair everyday. I bathe him twice a day now as summer has started here and it helps him sleep better at night. I'm not applying any oil though. I never used to before either and he always had great hair, so I'm just going to wait and watch. He's teething as well - first tooth has started to come out! he likes the water-filled teethers to bite on. As for the bananas I gave them like a puree (in the mixie) for the first month and then just mashed them by hand.

Sowmi..hello..how are the kids? Whats your boy doing nowadays?

Dhivya...must be busy packing...have a good trip!

San...hope the poop issues resolved!

Hi to everyone else and take care,

Vanathi.

7. sowminivibu

hi vanathi- where did aadhu have his mottai ??? it cute to see them with their mottai and it shud be a relief to him as its summer now...

divya- when r u cuming to india?

hi indra--whats up at ur end..

aryan is fine and he is now smiling at alla of us...he shouts in his own language and all of us enjoy tht..the best part is my lil aarushi cuddling him..and when he cries she cums and then tells him...aryan why are u crying da chellam..dont cry...its very nice to see her cuddling him..also whenever she has a biscuit or sumthing she offers it to him.....

a hi to all others

lov
    sowmi

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Sowmi...Aarushi is so..oo sweet! This is why I wanted a little girl...but little boys arent too bad either! Aadhu's mottai was in our kula deivam temple near Erode (20 mins away). And with todays heat boy am I glad it was done last week. I'll try and post a pic soon. Kisses to your kids ( an extra one to Aarushi though!), TC

Vanathi.

9. redapple

redapple Senior IL'ite

Vanathi...it is gud to hear that two lille ones had mottai last week...send aadhu's picture soon... me too will post....

Sowmini...it is nice to hear abt aarushi..they say it is gud to have first baby as daughter since they take care of the brother or sister...girls r very responsible...

chikilkutti...here in US they say it is good to give curd(yogurt) from 10 mths..even me too wanted to know from other moms abt this... Also you can give boiled rice to your baby..it is better you roast the rice and make it as a powder and then pressure cook it as a kanji... so that very easy for them to digest...U can roast the rice(like 1/2 kg at one stretch and powder it in mixie..)...share your baby picture...

Sanravi...I too agree with u...i m too scared if she did not have BM or too many times...really it raises my tension...gud that u r relaxed now..

take care all of u n ur kids..

Indra

10. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi

Hope everyone is doing good..

Vanathi.. mottai adikara experience eppadi irundhudhu...
    Yes, Vinay pooped after 2 days and yesterday agn he didnt poop, but so far he s convenient,so no worries..

Indra.. thanks for ur words...

Sowmi,, its nice to hear that aarushi is taking so much care for ehr brother :) I can imagine how lovely it wud be to watch those :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008