1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all mothers with babies below 1 year....

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Soha

Soha New IL'ite

Hi friends
    How r u? I am well settled now with my job as well as my small son. It was really hard 4 me to adjust in starting but now everything's going smoothly. Dhrupad is now six months old & he rolls over and shouts when see me. Raise his hands to tell me that he wants to be carried by me & I feel so relaxed by seeing me in between my work schedules.It's really cool.

Well I will now start giving him semi solids, but confused wat I can take alongwith me to the office, for him.

Now Dhrupad is feeling sleepy & crying so bye for now

2. redapple

redapple Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

Hope you all n ur kids r doing gud..

Welcome Dheepu and it is good that u joined this forum..me too find it very useful and helps a lot for people away from parents..

Can anybody tell me how to do carrot puree for 6 mths old baby...I tried it...it is not getting smashed as a paste...little difficult for her to eat... and also how do u introduce the paruppu( thuvaram paruppu)

take care all of u...
    IndraBow

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    Dheepu...welcome! Good to have you here.

Dheepu & Meeta...I think its too early to expect the babies to drink from a sippy cup. You can start trying with water, but to expect any amount of milk etc to go in that way at this age is asking too much. Aadhu is 8 mnths and can just abt drink a little with my help. It usually takes 9 mnths or more to drink properly from a sippy. To start bottle-feeding it may be better if someone other than the mother offers the bottle initially. The baby can smell your breastmilk and wont drink from a bottle if you offer it. Also postpone a feed and give him the bottle when he is really hungry. Here is a link which may be useful: Introducing the bottle or cup to a breastfed baby - BabyCenter

Soha...you can take ready-to-prepare cereal like Cerelac (you just need to mix with water) and also bananas which you can mash with your fingers. If your creche has a fridge then you can take fruit/vegetable purees and keep it there. You sound much more relaxed now. Do post a pic of Drupad.

Indra..I usually grate and cook the carrot and then put it in the mixie. Its difficult to make it absolutely smooth but I usually mix it with rice and dal and Aadhu doesnt seem to mind. I actually gave moong dal first - it cooks softer than toor dal. Pressure cook until soft, mix with cooked (kozhanja saatham) rice and give. I used a mixie for the first week and then started mixing by hand. I also add salt and pepper to it and a dollop of ghee. Now I add rasam and veggies as well. It will take a little time to get used to the new taste as it is not sweet like other foods but she will like it eventually - Aadhu started loving it only after rasam was added!

My news - Aadhu is getting his first tooth! Cant see it yet but I can feel it very easily. Last night was torture - he was waking up every hour and trying to crawl! Hope it comes through soon and we can get a little sleep...

Vanathi.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  4. chikilkutti

chikilkutti New IL'ite

Hi to all moms
    i'm m mom of 6 month old..juss wanted to know wat care muss be taken for a 6 month old,wat to expectn esp some recipes fpr the baby..
    thank u.

5. chikilkutti

chikilkutti New IL'ite

hi again

pls lemme know wat is the substitute for lactogen n cerelac in US n where can i get that?

6. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

HI ChikilKutti

Welcome. Glad to have u in this group. Whats ur kuttis(lil one) name? Tell us more...

Anyways coming to ur q: U get Similac, Enfamil, Nestle etc formulas
    Cereal: Lot of variety in Gerber(I buy only this so no idea about other brand) & other brand.

U get these in all the stores: Walmart, Sams club, Costco, Walgreens & lot of local store carry them.

If this is the first time u r visiting plz check with the pediatrician (here in US) b 4 trying anything.

Hope this helps

Do post if u have more questions
    Dhivya

7. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi moms

My son is not drinking milk properly and for past two days he didnt have bowel movement. What cud be the reason for him not drinking enough milk, sometimes he drinks sometimes he doesnt. eg.. he used to drink for 10 mns usually but now he drinks for only 3 or 4 mns... i think only bcos of that he didnt poop.. I am very much worried. Any ideas... Has anybody experienced this??

Thanks

8. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Santhiya

Plz contact ur ped coz here they ask us to wait for 3 days. Since its already 2 days plz take him to his pediatrician. BM is good for bowel movement when compared to formula. But if u r giving formula make it little bit lighter(watery/ thanniya). Since he is just 2 months I don't he can drink water/juice(I may be wrong).

But plz contact ur Ped right away.

9. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Dear dsrini

Thanks for ur immediate reply. He had bowel movement this evening :)
    Thank god, since he s breast fed, i was worried so much, today is a happy day for me!! :spin
    Thanks agn

[​IMG]

10. chikilkutti

chikilkutti New IL'ite

Hi to all
    How r you all?
    Juss wanted to know wat care is to be taken for babies when the first teeth commences.
    wat shud be the menu like?
    is boiled rice good for infants?
    can i give dairy as well as lactogen when in India?
    Can i start with Vit D milk for my baby once i come toUS/which is the best milk for baby (otherthan breast milk in US)
    Thank u Ilites