1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all mothers with babies below 1 year....

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi Meeta...Welcome to the thread! What's your daughter's name? Do you work?

Indra...I used to feed him with my finger too for the first 3-4 days and then switched to a spoon - try one of those baby spoons , I have a Munchkins one with a colourful giraffe which Aadhu loves. I started a sipper at around 6 mnths, he took a few days to understand how to drink from it and even now needs me to hold one handle and tilt it for him. Get one of those with 2 handles - easier to pick up and drink from.

Niru...dont worry abt what other people say. Being fat is NOT always being healthy - as long as she is active and meeting her milestones and gaining weight along her growth curve you have nthing to be concerned about. At this age she gets most of her calories from breast-milk/formula so food is not so important right now. She will probably be a slim adult and will thank you for it when she's a teenager!

Santhiya...just thinking...would a swing/rocker help? Like this Smart Stages 3-in-1 Rocker Swing - Swings & Jumpers - Activity Equipment - Baby Carriers & Gear - BabyCenter Store

Vanathi.

2. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Dear Vanathi

I cud buy it but the fact is how much weight will it with hold.It says 40 pounds but will it last long, bcos my son is 14 lbs by 2 mnths and he is 24 inches tall already. Will it be useful for him bcos he is more than average weight..

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

San...even if he is 14 lbs at 2 mnths (95th centile) he will only reach 40 lbs after 3 years....long after he outgrows the swing so that should not be a consideration. But you do need to ask if anyone else has used something like this and how good it is in practice...

V.

4. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Sure. thanks

And by the way i think u wud have seen my post reg flat head in one side for my baby. He sleeps facing right side, so his right side head is flat, doctor told me to put him in another side, but somehow or the other he tries and turns to fflat side agn. Being a doctor that too a pediatrician, cud u pls suggest me and pls tell me will his head become round when he gets on his tummy and while he walks.Or if i dont correct now, will it be permanent?

Pls help
    Thanks

5. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

San,
    If it is a mild/minimal flatness it will probably correct itself over time but in the meantime here's a link I found to help you with repositioning. It is important to keep the weight off the flat side and I hope one of these techniques will help you. If you feel it is getting worse then you need to bring it up with your ped at the next well baby visit. Dont worry....its very common and can be corrected easily.
    Repositioning Techniques

V.

6. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Vanathi, ur words r really soothing, hope Vinay gets alright..I dont know whether it is mild flatness or not, how to judge it? Will refer to this site and will do whatever i can.. Thanks agn

7. meeta shah

meeta shah Senior IL'ite

Hi
    My daughter’s name is Aarya. I used to work before delivery, now I am thinking to go back to work when Aarya will be 6 months.
    I have a question for you, it would be great if you all wonderful mom can help me out.
    Aarya is breastfeed baby. I have started her on solid from last few weeks. Now, I want to supplement aarya with formula but my biggest problem is she is not accepting a bottle. Her pediatrician suggested me to try directly with sippy cup. But no luck with that either. So, my question is what you do if your baby doesn’t take a bottle. How do you feed them water, juice or formula? How early do they accept the sippy cup?

Thanks

8. dheepu81

dheepu81 New IL'ite

HI Ladies,

lemme me introduce myself to ths discussion, I have a 6 month old cutie named Adarsh.....I"m BF, my supply is less.........so started cerelac and mashed bannanas mixed together........he likes it....i give this 2 times daily.........

he refuses to drink from the bottle.........can some1 give me some ideas / sugesstions.........

a big hi to all ur lil ones.......

dheepa

9. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi everyone.

:welcome:welcomeDeepu & Meeta. Tell us more about Adarsh & Aarya

How r u (all) doing?

Niru, u must be njoying. No cooking, getting up late, etcc njoy have fun. They will also have gr8 fun with ur kutty.

Sandhya, don't worry this is normal. Even for Aditi we tried lot of ways to correct it but couldn't. But now its getting normal. So don't worry he will be ok in no time. Try to make him turn both sides, that will help.

Aditi is keeping very busy. She is walking by holding onto something. Till now she no teeth. But her gums r very hard now. She is not at all sleeping well. I am not sure if this related to teething.

Anyways, I got to go now. So :kissto all the cutty piessss.

Deepu & Meeta I went thru' the same. But I continued to BF(directly) since she won't take the bottle. Aditi knew if its milk she will reject but if I bring water in it she will see & will drink. Now she is drinking water in sippy cup(not milk).

Some elders may suggest rubbing honey in the nipple will help BUT NEVER NEVER EVER do that. Honey shouldn't be given to the infants under 1 yr.
    Sure other mom(s) will have some gr8 tips.

Bye for now.
    Dhivya

10. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi Dhivya

Thanks.. How did u try to make Aditi sleep facing another side bcos watever i try my son turns to the flat side somehow. I am scared whether this flatness will remain forever. I am helpless, he is smart enough to manage to turn to flat side. Many give many advise but nothing helps. How abt Aditi? When did the head became normal?

Pls share ur experiences.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008