1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all mothers with babies below 1 year....

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Nov 29, 2007.

1. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Santhya I was just thinking about u. Howz his rashes now? Hope he got better.

Lakshmi, I never had a chance to start Spinach coz she fell sick for nearly 2 weeks(still slight cold) so maybe March first week I will. About Chapathi, even though I got lot of tips from ILites (for making chapathi softer) I make little harder:spin so I am going to wait till she gets couple of tooth or I make softer oneBig Laughbonk

But as of now I want to her to get back to normal. You said Preethi is following u every where u go, it will be so cute to watch but I know u will be very busy.

OK gals bye for now.

My first message(not so long:wink:) is in the previous page

Dhivya

2. swetakiran

swetakiran New IL'ite

hi adhu mom,

my baby is 7weeks old, her name is aarushi, she is my second born, my son is 10yrs old. you have started nice thread. iam 32yrs stay at home mom.as my second one is after a long gap, its like having baby for first time.

warm regards sweta kiran

3. swetakiran

swetakiran New IL'ite

hi srini,

you can do chapathi and soak it in hot milk with little jaggery and ghee for 5minutes and feed her, she will love it, i was doing same for my son.

sweta kiran

4. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sweta.

:welcome. Glad to have u hear. Your name is sweet, so does ur (second)little ones. We have another Aarushi kutty in our group "Sowmi's little one".

Anywayz Thank u for the tip. Can I jaggery to a 9 month old? coz of the sweet factor also the quality factor.

Ok Sweta tell us more about ur kuttis.

Dhivya

5. himani

himani New IL'ite

hello everyone ,Bow
    i have two children. one 4 year old daughter and 6 month son. i was breast feeding him till now. starting weaning . i started with fruit puree ( boil and puree of apple and pear). and now khichdi . i put yellow moong dal, rice, spinach, carrot, bottle gourd and tomato with little salt and ghee. they say not to give salt , sugar and honey to baby .but i add little salt and turmeric.what should i do about it?just advise me what more can i give the baby.:spin

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hello everyone,
    Wow this group suddenly got very active....:welcomeSweta and Himani...nice to have you here...Aarushi is getting to be a popular name! Guess its because its such a beautiful name.
    Sweta...how does it feel to have a baby after so long? Your son must be so excited! Thanks for the chappati tip..will try it when I start Aadhu on chapathis in a mnth or so.
    Himani...What are your kids names? I think a little salt wont do any harm. I add some to Aadhu's dal rice or he just spits it back at me. Better to avoid sugar/honey as far as possible. You can give idli, also bananas, carrots,beetroot, potato,avocado (if you get them where you live), sweet potato, rice, oats, ragi. I also gave wheat and curds at this point (its a bit controversial at this age though). Give new foods one at a time and wait 4 days before you start the next new thing.
    Santhiya...good that Vinay is better now. How's the BFing going?
    Dhivya...too bad you wont be coming to India, but if you have in-law probs then your decision to stay away and out of it is the best one. Aditi has really progressed in the past mnth...you must be having so much fun with her. She's a very early talker isnt she (gets it from her amma!?)? Do post a pic with her new haircut. Re: your question - we talk a lot through dinner and afterwards, but the physical bit is practically non-existent shakehead...mostly my fault as I am never in the mood, but DH isnt very insistent either so we're putting it down to hormones and letting it go for the time being. I'm hoping things will improve after I stop BFing. How are the rest of you doing in this dept?

Vanathi.

7. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Santhiya...I insert like this - upload your image to an image-hosting site like photobucket. They give you a HTML code for your image. Copy-paste that into this forum. Hope it works for you...

V.

8. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Himani

:welcome to our group. Let us more about ur kutty.

Hi Vanathi

:yes:Aditi got that from Amma (talking part, may be appa tooo). Sure I will post before & After Haircut photos. I planning to wean the day time feeding from her 1st b'day coz my in-laws may come here(to calm things a bit) also she is teething (I guess) coz while BFing her latching is very painful. But lets c How things go?

Regr. Intimacy, getting to the physical part is very rare coz she hardly sleeps n also I am feeling very tired most of the time. But we try........ When we start trying for the second one then only really challenge comes I guess:idea:

Hi to Sowmini, Sonu, Vani, Lakshmi, Sree, Nirupama and all others.

Bye for now

Dhivya

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  9. geeta_sathish

geeta_sathish Senior IL'ite

Hi to all moms and to all the cute little babies,

I have not delivered yet, but I had a very nice time looking at all the cute photos of your babies and all knowing about all the kurumbu that they do.

Sandhya - happy to see that you have graduated from pregnancy and labor and delivery forum to infants section. Congratulations on your promotion. Bow

Take care all moms and tight hugs and kisses to all the babies.

10. himani

himani New IL'ite

hello dears,
    so nice to get such good response from u all. thanks Vanathi and Dhivya .
    i have just shifted to singapore and really feel lonely as had not made any friends till now so having tips from u really help. i do talk back to my inlaws and mummy but there r some valuable tips from u all. my elder one is Prachi (4 year old will be 5 in august).she is :queen of my heart. and my younger one is 6 months old son mudit. well. enjoying busy life with him.
    Vanathi i will try the things u have told. but by wheat u mean plain atta . how to prepare? i just have to add and feed or cook. sorry could not understand. thanks.Dhivya what does kutty mean(please dont mind) thanks. i am from north india. a small place Dehradun. i belong to hills. got married and lived in mumbai before coming here 3 months ago.
    himani