1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all mothers with babies below 1 year....

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Nov 29, 2007.

1. CSLakshmi3005

CSLakshmi3005 New IL'ite

Hi gals!
    Its seems every one is busy!!

2. deiva

deiva New IL'ite

Hi moms

Pradyun is getting used to this climate and everything is going good except the mosquito bites.still breast feeding and giving raagi 2 tbl spoons.I used to give mashed carrots,apples or bananas available in bottles there,now i dono how to prepare mashed friuts and vegetables can any one help me in this,what to give for himand how to prepare mashed fruits and vegetables?what food should i follow for him now?How much quantity?If he wants more maximum how much we can give?Lots of questions.can any one help me in this.Is it ok to give idli,rice,bisuits in this months
    Now he is 6months and 2 days old
    Then what about other moms and kids, it looks like everbody is busy now
    ok bye for now

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    I was just thinking the same thing...no posts for a long time....anyway, hello to all the moms and hope the babes are doing fine. Aadhu is sitting well now and trying to crawl but no success. He is also trying to pull up to stand. He says amma, dada, thatha, yaya for the past week - started all this babbling quite suddenly (nothing with any meaning of course). Waiting for the day he actually says amma and means ME...that will be fantastic!
    Lakshmi...how is Preethi doing? Eating well? Sitting/crawling? Babbling? Have you added anything new to her food?
    Devi...great that Pradyun is managing well here. To prevent mosquito bites, I usually close all windows/doors after 6 pm, turn the All Out on and apply anti-mosquito lotion (Johnson & Johnson) all over his arms and legs. Still a couple sneak in but overall its not too bad with all this. Plus he sleeps at night in a sleepsuit with full sleeves which also cover his feet.
    For food, you can put any fruit (so far I have given bananas, apples, pears, papaya) with a little milk in the mixie and mash it up. Apples and pears need to be cooked well first (cut into pieces, add water and cook on low heat till soft). Veggies you can give include carrots, beetroot, potato. I have also given tomatoes. You can certainly give rice/idli. Try rice/moong dal/veggie combo with a little salt and pepper. The food made at home is much healthier than jar foods, so try it and see. Its easy and you can be sure of what exactly your baby is eating (no additives/preservatives). Hope Pradyun likes it....
    Dhivya..how is Aditi doing? Crawling?
    Vanisri and Sridevi...are the kids first b'days over? Do tell us all abt it...
    TC girls,

Vanathi.

4. nirupama126

nirupama126 New IL'ite

Hi! All moms and their cute babies. Sorry could not log in to forum for a long time. Was busy with guests at home. Aabha is not still rolling over. Still I am BF may be planning to start soild after 5 months.

Here is her snap, Vanathi. How is every one doing? Write back in ur free time.

Till then hug and kisses to all the babies. Moms take care

Nirupama.

Attached Files:

5. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Niru...what a cutie.....such chubby cheeks...:kiss
    Dont worry abt the rolling...some babies never do it...my son is an example....she will probably sit early....Is it still that cold where you live? (She's all bundled up thats why I asked). Summer has started in India - atleast in Tamilnadu.

V.

6. CSLakshmi3005

CSLakshmi3005 New IL'ite

hi all!
    I m really sorry that i couldn't say anythg in my previous post.. just a call and i had to sign off..
    hi nirupama..
    Aabha looks cute.. thxs for sharing her pic..
    Hi Vanathi..
    well, preethi is moving ahead very fast she follows me just like a puppy..
    she has started a few words.. as u say with any meaning but really waiting a day wen she calls me amma..
    but she say ma ma..wen she is hungry..
    she keeps be busy...
    i have starting giving sathu mavu in morning..
    and also planning to give her curd as summer has already started..
    just wanted to ask.. can i apply mosquito repellent.. is it safe?..
    i cover her with full hands and full pajamas...

Hi divya.
    how is Aditi..
    have to started with chapati/spinach(just read inthe other thread)..

Bye gals Tc

7. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Lakshmi...I use the Johnson & Johnson clear anti-mosquito lotion. But I think others like Odomos/ Repelex are ok too. But dont put anything on her face/hands (where she may put it into her mouth) and feet (Aadhu is forever chewing his toes).

V.

8. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

hi aadhus mom

gr8 tht u started this thread...i am sowmini and have 2 cute dolls..my elder daughter is 2 yrs old and she is aarushi..my younger one in aryan who is just 45 days old..i enjoyed thoroughly reading this thread and nice to see so many of us on the same board....its always fun to b with children n i enjoy my time with aarushi..she is talking a lot these days and my time now totally dedicated for the 2 little ones...

lov
    sowmi

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  9. nirupama126

nirupama126 New IL'ite

Thanks Vanathi and Lakshmi.Nice to know that Adhu and Preeti are saying some words and babbling. I am eagerly waiting for my sweetie to say these words. Its the most happiest moment on earth.

Aabha is doing good and started sucking thumb for last 8 days. She started with putting the whole hand in her mouth so since our paed said its normal as they explore the things but now bit worried if she gets into the habit of sucking the thumb .They say that thumd sucking leads to mal positioning of teeth. What should I do? Should I try to stop her but as per Freud's psychology its the oral stage and they should be contended with it as if not they will get in to nail biting etc.I have to llok after her all the time as nobody's for help and every time it is not possible to watch her and remove thumb from mouth whenever she puts.

Bye
    Nirupama.

10. nirupama126

nirupama126 New IL'ite

Vanathi its very very cold here as still winter is going on with snow and sometimes icy cold weather. So I bundle her up and she likes it. It must be very hot specially the coast line.

Niru