Calling all moms of DECMBER 2009 born - Age criterion for PRE KG /LKG

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by aishu22, Mar 25, 2013.

1. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I'm in a huge dilemma.My DD was born on 18th December 2009.She was not 2 1/2 years as on June 1st 2012, but the school she goes accepted her into Pre-kg as their cut off date was 31st December 2009.
    But, now I find that my daughter is not eligible for LKG (when i applied for chinmaya) since their cut off date was 1st December (my DD being short of 17 days). She is eligible for Pre kg in most of the reputed schools this year(2013-14).

But me and my DH are in confusion whether to put her in Pre kg again in a regular CBSE school or continue in her present school(Little Millennium) for LKG.
    LM is very good in terms of activities academics etc. and my DD loves her school and teachers.I have no regret about the school at all.

Our fear is that is under aged for her class and this may be a problem for higher classes.Most of her classmates (90%) are elder to her.

Please suggest as to what to do now?

2. deepa1206

deepa1206 New IL'ite

Hi

Just checking to see if you received any information on admission for kids born in Dec. I also have a son born in Dec and am worried that he might lose a year because of the age-cut off criteria. Are there any good CBSE schools that relax the age limit?

3. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

HI..
    my DS is Dec 2009 born.. 21st Dec..
    He goes to L.K.G in a central school..

4. deepa1206

deepa1206 New IL'ite

Hi Aparna, if you dont mind can you share the school name? Just want to make a list of schools that take in kids by relaxing the age limit.

5. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Sure ..
    he studies in Naval Kindergarten..
    INS RAJALI, Arakkonam..

He was eligilbe and got thro the admission in Sairam vidhyala madipakkam also..