1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Calcium for children

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by kanaka Raghavan, Nov 1, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Children need calcium for strong and healthy bones.
    Intake of calcium for children -1-3 years -500 gms,4-6-600 gms,7-9-700gms,16-18-1300gms per day
    1.Add flavour such vanilla,strawberry to milk.

2.Give your child a tall glass ofcalcium fortified fruit juice for breakfast.
    3.Encourage children to take flavoured yogurt.
    4.Serve whole grain crackers with cheese.
    5.Sprinkle cheese on pastas,soups,and pizzas.
    6.Increase their intake of fruits and vegetables especially green veggies.
    7.Go for the new products in the market which have fortified calcium equivalent to the amount contained in a glass of cow's milk.
    When children get enough calcium and physical activity during their childhood and teenage years they build calcium bank which ensures stronger bones in adulthood.Along with calcium intake ensure they enough exercise.

2. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Hi kanaka,

Thank u for starting this thread about it and a very useful information on calcium. I am always worried how much intake of calcium should be given to my daughters. Very nice thread. Elders also must take calcium but how much intake shd be there everyday.
    pl do share other postings also.

Regards,
    Sudha batni..

3. shivani gupta

shivani gupta New IL'ite

Hi kanak

I am shivani i am the new member of this site. Actually i am having one baby he is only 3 yrs old. he is so weak. He did not like to eat bournvita, complain, boost and sometime he also didn;t like to eat rooti, Sabazi. He mostly like to eat junk food like chips, cold drinks and choclate. When i told him to eat biscuit so he also didn,t eat.
    So plz tell me what kind of food i should give my son

Bye.
    Shivanitsk

4. shivani gupta

shivani gupta New IL'ite

Hi kanak

I am shivani i am the new member of this site. Actually i am having one baby he is only 3 yrs old. he is so weak. He did not like to eat bournvita, complain, boost and sometime he also didn;t like to eat rooti, Sabazi. He mostly like to eat junk food like chips, cold drinks and choclate. When i told him to eat biscuit so he also didn,t eat.

Bye.
    Shivanitsk

5. shivani gupta

shivani gupta New IL'ite

Hi kanak

Bye.
    Shivanitsk