Caffeine may boost miscarriage risk- Imp plz read

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by dsrini, Jan 22, 2008.

1. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

2. cathy

cathy Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your information Divya.

I just thot of starting my day with a cup of coffee since i am in the 5 th month.

But after reading the link given by you, i totally erased that thought from my mind.shakehead

-Cathy

3. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

So far there is no definite correlation between caffeine intake and miscarriages. Generally up to 2 cups of coffee has been considered normal intake for any pregnant woman. Of course one has to consult with their doc to determine if they are prone to other conditions as simple as heart burn to as serious as pre-eclampsia and decide about their caffeine intake. Caffeine is not just present in coffee alone... cocoa, tea, many carbonated beverages are few other foods that contain it. If a little bit of coffee will improve your morale and your doc doesn't advise you against it, then might as well go for it. Think of all the wonderful and healthy moms and babies born in countries like India, Cuba, Colombia, Indonesia, Thailand etc where there are more coffee drinkers than in the rest of the world... So just read the article with a grain of salt.