1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Bypass Surgery...Please help

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by jothi, Feb 22, 2007.

1. rajiswork

rajiswork Senior IL'ite

hi

my father has more than 2 blocks in the heart valve , so the dr suggested open heart surgery. v r planning to go to narayana hrudayalaya , bangalore .
    i would like to know if anyone have gone there ?

do u know any particular dr there ?

how much it cost ?

i am very much tensed now . i read all your replies above and a bit relieved.

please help

regards
    raji

2. anniejames

anniejames New IL'ite

Heart bypass surgery or coronary Artery bypass surgery is recommended for patients when the coronary arteries become blocked or damaged with calcium and fatty deposits and when the blockage is too severe to be managed with medication or other treatment.If they are blocked or the flow of blood is restricted, the heart cannot function properly. This can lead to heart failure and you may experience pain in the chest. Diabetes, emphysema, kidney disease, and Peripheral Artery Disease can complicate the surgery. CABG risks differ from person to person, depending on the severity of heart disease, type of operation, age, and the current state of health.Some CABG risks include fever,wound infection,bleeding,memory loss,pulmonary problems.For more refer Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery in Kerala.
    After surgery,side effects may disappear with in 2 months,but may include difficulty in sleeping,constipation,swelling,muscle pain.Taking medicines as prescribed is an important part of care after surgery.
    A common symptom of Coronary Artery disease is chest pain or discomfort which may travel into the shoulder, arm, back, neck, or jaw.Risk factors are high blood pressure, smoking, diabetes, lack of exercise, obesity, high blood cholesterol, poor diet, depression, and excessive alcohol.Ways to reduce CAD risk include healthy diet, regularly exercising, maintaining a healthy weight, and not smoking.