Buying property ???

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Shanvy, Aug 31, 2008.

1. shalini2009

shalini2009 New IL'ite

This is Shalini here. I was in this forum before for buying a property in Ekkaduthanghal. I hope you are doing great.

I have a question to ask about buying a property. My MIL friend suggested some property (land) near Coimbatore, near karumatampatti...7 km from there. Total cost of land 1300 sq feet is 1.65 lacks but then this is their scheme.

1) Pay Rs 2000 very month and once you finish paying you can register the land.
    2) Pay for 30 months and then register the land by paying in full.
    3) No option to pay the full amount now and register the land.

*Can you please tell me what documents needs to be requested before we go ahead and do this.
    *Does such kind of schemes exist in TN.
    *What precautions needs to be taken.

2. Sweetyz

Sweetyz New IL'ite

Sweety,

Whatever i have discussed in this thread pertains to tamilnadu and can be loosely applied to other states.

regarding buying while being in us, yes you can by a power of attorney. you need to get a legal opinion on the formalities and give a power to somebody in india (your fil/mil/father/mother/siblings) who can register the same land on your behalf.

you have already answered your own question regarding the resale value.

what should be very clear, is you need to divide the property with the help of the land surveyor who will measure, confirm the size and you go ahead and divide it legally with the help of a lawyer and get that part registered separate.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

shalini how is your ekkaduthangal project going. rented??

regarding land in cbe, not having a great idea. but somehow i am not so comfy about this emi, and registration later business...don't take me wrong, i stay away from this and i have no idea of any precautions in this matter.

4. shalini2009

shalini2009 New IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

Appaswamy was ready to handover the project by June but because of the delay by cookscape we got the handover completed only in Sep and i guess our apt was one of the last for handover:) We have rented it in the month of Nov.

I hope everything is good at your side.

Regards,

5. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Dear IL-ites.....

Going for Sale/Purchase of your Properties... Have a look on your Moon-Sign predictions on Property in Times of India, Chennai edition....This is weekly predictons for all Moon-sign and you can check every week in ToI.

Thanks and Regards

Weekly Predictions for Properties in Times of India

6. shalini2009

shalini2009 New IL'ite

regarding land in cbe, not having a great idea. but somehow i am not so comfy about this emi, and registration later business...don't take me wrong, i stay away from this and i have no idea of any precautions in this matter.[/QUOTE]

Yes Shanvi, I agree with you and totally my thoughts are similar to yours. My in-laws for some reason were really interetsed and they have gone ahead with the investment. I will keep you posted how it goes.

7. ramshankark3

ramshankark3 New IL'ite

I bought a house in ambrosia OMR from Amarpraskah. Initally they promised to provide branded tiles and bathroom fitting as per the model house. But, they atlast provided a least expensive tile and fitting. When asked, they showed a note that branded products or ISI branded product. After a short recent discussion with the management people, they have declared the below response to all buyers of Ambrosia.
    Dear customers,
    We had a meeting with few of your co-owners of Ambrosia and the following is the outcome held on 18/03/12.
    All completion works will be over April 2012 end. (they have commited to deliver the house on Nov2011)
    We will provide the grills for the side balcony without any additional cost. For private terrace, we will be providing the grills at actual cost(approximately Rs.15000 to Rs20000).
    Regarding the door between kitchen and kitchen service area we are working for the best possibility and will inform you shortly.
    Regarding the RO plant, even though a common RO plant is much more cost effective as it is not feasible due to ground reality there and soil feasibility. We have come up with a individual RO system for each house. Drained water is treated and reused in the flushes.
    We have been finding LOT of quality issues during final insecption such as
    Door not fit in properly
    Kitchen sink very small
    Total square feet of the house is reduced by 40 Sqft.
    Broken tiles
    bedroom ward rope slap is slanting
    Switch board is fitted cross.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

that was the initial purpose of this thread marshall..and glad that you find it useful.

9. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

Seriously, did you get such a mail from the builders? Demand a quality check with an outside Structural engineer. Get yourself one and evaluate. You may arrive at a conclusion based on the engineer's opinion.

Good luck,

10. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Friends,

We are looking to buy a 3 bhk apartment in chennai (ready to move in/resale ). We liked two apartments in Central Park west/south, when we started negotiating we came to know that the yearly maintenance was 66000/-. Though the property prize was affordable, maintenance cost was too high. So we dropped that tea, is there any more apartments like this or this is one odd case? Appreciate your reply