Buying home in india while staying in USA.

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by shireesha06, Jul 4, 2012.

1. shireesha06

shireesha06 Silver IL'ite

Hi Ilites,

I have these questions in my mind from long time please help me if you know the answers...

Basically we are staying in US from last 4 years and we both are working here.
    after all expenses and we are able save 30L from our earnings through chits savings etc etc. SO we are planning to buy a home in Warangal worth of 60L to 70L by taking loan for the remaining amount. I have below questions .

can we process loan being here on my husbands name ?

he has valid H1B till 2016 and its not stamped yet he moved from J1 to H1 recently ?

and if yes how to proceed for that ?

we are planning to take loan from SBi becasuse it is reliable. I'm trying to contact them but no one responding well over the phone.

and we have our parents there to search and take care of the property after.

my main concern is can we get the loan if we are here and his H1B not stamped in India yet ?

please reply me if know the amswer.

Thanks,
    siri.

2. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Yes you can. Sbi is good but not customer friendly :) Have to go in person with a copy of the property document.

Take bank statements of accounts in US, employment letters etc from here before you leave for India.

Go in person and get it registered in both your names.

3. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Economic theorists are predicting that INR will strengthen vs USD within this year end. So better to bring those greenbacks here.