Buying Gold Bullion In The Usa

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by nuss, Oct 11, 2022.

1. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Dear All,

Happy Festive season! I am thinking to buy gold bullion for Dhan Teras this year. I have bought jewelry (mostly Diamonds) in the USA but have no experience with buying non-jewelry gold.

Could you please let me know where to buy (I found some local stores that might be a good idea but wanted to hear about online buying options such as jmbullion)?

My mom always bought silver coins for Diwali and I am planning to follow in her footsteps and start buying gold coins/bullion as the budget allows that year.

Thanks in advance!

Thyagarajan and shravs3 like this.

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

3. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Thank you! Have you had a good experience with them? I made an account yesterday but didn't feel comfortable ordering online hence the post.

4. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

isnt it safe to buy it in store rather than online, whenever we visit india we usually go to indian store and buy it from there.

nuss likes this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I haven’t bought anything from them. But got good reviews from others.
    If you have Indian jewellery stores nearby you can get bullion from them as well. It’s also authentic!

nuss likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Dear @nuss
    Over a period of ten years or so, silver seemed to have done better in terms of appreciation or and returns.
    Gold jewellery kept in private lockers forsafety & security appreciates in value but at the same time i find locker annual rents with GST OF 18.5% over a decade multiplied three or fourfold. Locker owners demand huge fixed deposits interest on which declined steeply from extant 9.5 a decade ago to 5.5 for senior citizens. Inflation concerns over a decade has turned sharply and now with ongoing war and supplies if oil dried up - value of leading currencies eroded faster highest being in Europe.Global inflation is proving to be broader and more persistent than we anticipated. It is expected to peak at 9.5% this year as per IMF.
    Just my two cents!
    Regards.
    God Bless.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
    nuss likes this.
  7. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Thank you ji! This is the wisdom I was looking for. I went to the gold exchange today and bought both gold and silver. This is my first Diwali since mortgage is paid off and I wanted to start a new tradition. I hope to keep it up or at least buy silver every year!

8. sociallifein30s

sociallifein30s Gold IL'ite

congratulations on paying off mortgage ! thats a milestone
    So what did you buy this time? I have been getting tempted to buy the Giva silver jeewelery but doesnt seem like "investment"

nuss and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Thank you! I found that price was a little better in the brick mortar store and I could ask all my questions.

shravs3 likes this.
  10. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

I don’t know if it is more of a safety issue. In the USA, it is hard to find a brick and mortar store (and with my busy schedule I lean towards online shopping). In India, we go to our family jeweler or a hallmark store. Since it was my first time buying non jewelry gold, yes, I did feel more comfortable getting it from a store.

Thyagarajan likes this.