1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Buy sumeet in usa

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by srilak, Oct 10, 2007.

1. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I am planning to buy sumeet mixie and ultra grinder here in US. Please someone who bought those here give me advice.

Thinking of buying ultra from the long time but always make excuses that when I go to India I will bring it from there........Trust me it will never happen when I visit India there will be million things to take care apart from shopping....

Five years back, I bought Sumeet for $180. It worked for two years and got some problem then the shop owner asked me to pay $50 for just open and see the problem not to rectify it.......So I bought 16 speed Osterizer....american grinder and coffe grinder for dry grinding...My osterizer worked only for one year and I again bought one more osterizer and now it got problem.....

I think I am not the lucky one about grinders....... So to stop this nightmare now I like to buy again sumeet in local store. If anyone bought sumeet and ultra grinder in Bayarea please tell me where should I buy? and am I allowed to bargain on anything? One more thing how can I see the quality of the product before buying it.

Thanks in advance.
    Srilak.

2. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I am sad to see no replies here for the sumeet mixie.........didn't anyone buy sumeet in USA.. Now some subforums slacking like hell...no offense...

Anyway, I bought sumeet today for $169.00 with $14.00 of tax. I think this will be worth the price.

Thank you.
    Srilak.

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Srilak
    I'm really sorry I did not see your question earlier. did not even know such a thread was started.
    I would given the website name that my friends bought mixie and such but sorry i missed.
    looks like you did buy summeet. keep me posted how it works.
    How many jars came with the sumeet. are the bottom removable for washing purpose? dry and wet ? let me know. thanks

4. nvaree

nvaree New IL'ite

Hi Srilak,
    I didn't see your question either in regards to Sumeet mixie. I brought a Preeti Chef plus from India on my last trip. It is working very well. I love it compare to American made. I got it converted to 110 Volt and paid Rs 4100. It came up with a big tall jar, Short wide jar, a juicer ,a grind'n store jar. It also came with some parts for future need.

5. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies!

I am moving to US next month, so i was thinking of buying a mixie from india itself and then suddenly happened to learn that we can get it in US also, Plus i have this baggege restriction too.

So acn anybody advice me with ur exp whetehr i should get it from india or can buy it from Us itself.

cheers
    vaidehi

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Vaidehi
    If you have space you can bring with 110 volt. If you dont have space then you can buy here. hope this helps.

7. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi - just like the others - did not see this thread as well. I too bought a Preeti mixie from India - I was able to buy the 110v in Chennai - so no need for a converter - of course the price is a bit more than the 220v but it worth the price - I bought it for about $60 - $70 (cannot remember actual price in RS - but remember converting it) - you pay about this price for an osterizer - which I dont really like.

Vaidehi - I would definitely think about buying a mixie from India - I am so glad I did! You do get Sumeet, etc here - so if space is a problem - that is an alternative for you.

8. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

HI All,

Thanks for the responses... Sorry for the late reply...I saw the responses long back and couldn't reply of busy schedule.

My sumeet is working just fine. This time I like to handle the mechine very carefully that not putting too much of load in it..... I want it to stay with me more than 5 to 6 years..My previous Sumeet got repaired after 2 years of using.

In my opinion, buying Sumeet in USA is not a bad idea...it is worth the cost. My next shop list is Ultra. It is avilable in my local Indian electronic shop. One and half litre capacity ultra is coming for $180.00....just now I bought Sumeet so I am planning to buy this after 6 months. I will post after I buy Ultra.

Thank you all for the responses. ......and sorry that I asumed nobody cares about some sub forms....I am wrong and so many people care to respond and like to give their valuble advices.......Thank you Ilites.

Regards
    srilak.