1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Buy Medical Insurance For Parents In Usa

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by whitedaisy, Feb 16, 2022.

1. whitedaisy

whitedaisy Bronze IL'ite

I live in California, USA. My parents will visit me for 6 months. I want to take medical insurance for my parents which cover all existing and new conditions. My mother has been feeling not very healthy in the last year, so I want to take her to the doctor here, and run required medical tests like blood work, x-rays, and scannings.
    Anyone has knowledge about good insurance and how much does it cost. My parents' ages are 65 and 70, has preconditions like BP, sugar, arthritis and sciatica

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

My parents buy a travel insurance which covers emergencies but not routine care. It is very expensive and will exclude many pre-existing conditions. When my father had some urgent dental problems I paid everything out of pocket.
    If your parents are on tourist visas I don’t know if they are eligible to buy any of the healthcare plans offered in the US.
    Whenever my parents plan to visit me here they get a thorough master checkup in India and come prepared with all their medications for the full duration of the visit.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. englishtutorjul

englishtutorjul Silver IL'ite

Bumping this for more replies as I am in a similar situation now

5. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

https://www.insubuy.com/

1. Patriot America Plus
    2. Safe Travels USA
    I did a high level comparison between both and below are some key differences:

1. Safe Travels USA Comprehensive is cheaper in terms of Premium than Patriot America Plus for the same policy max coverage
    2. Safe Travels USA Comprehensive has $0 deductible for PPO In Network whereas Patriot America Plus has a minimum of $250 deductible for PPO in Network.
    3. Safe Travels USA Comprehensive uses First Health PPO Network whereas Patriot America uses United Healthcare PPO Network
    4. Safe Travels USA Comprehensive has a limit of $25K for Cardiac related treatments whereas Patriot America Plus covers till Policy Max.

6. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite