1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Buttering /Soaping!

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by seethavarma, Feb 10, 2013.

1. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

To begin with i will say never take butter and soap together,will cause more trouble than you can imagine:)

We were all college students once upon a time,right?
    There will be different types of gals and guys including shy,introvert,extrovert,smart ,oversmart,cunning and so on:thumbsup

I was never good in buttering/soaping my professors,it did affected my internal assessments and i got moderate marks because of it,and naturally it affected my overall Performance.
    I was wonderstruck to see 2 girls who were performing very poor getting good marks for internal assessments because of their constant buttering/ soaping qualities.I felt very bad then........

After a couple of years ,looking back i am contemplating on the same.
    My no buttering/soaping attitude didnt make much difference in my life-i am not a looser, am keeping my chin up:)

Thanks for Reading

4 people like this.

2. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Hi Seetha,

I faced the same exact situation. we were a group of 3 friends who worked hard during the college days but we didn't have any buttering , soaping skills. we did our project by collecting all the requirements and spent long hours at college trying to finish it.

At the end we got Good Marks in Practicals but students who just purchased their project and submitted it got very very Good Marks. we also felt really bad.

I don't know why some professors do that. Lacking those skills for sure doesn't make us loosers :)

2 people like this.
  3. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

True veera,
    Buttering skills are for oversmart people.
    But did it affect you later?
    I was feeling very bad at that time,now am proud that i didnt do any buttering!
    Cheap Politics ,buttering/soaping is everywhere,you cant escape it!

4. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear seethavarma,

Good job....proud of you...

Love,
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.
  5. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

Thanks my dear bhavs,

We cant always please everybody, doesnt matter whether its a superior ,for the sake of getting more marks and getting into the good books!

You studied Psychology,no need to tell you !

love
    seethavarma

1 person likes this.
  6. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

To be Frank it did affect me. When ever I get a gift from my Aunt, sister ..etc I just tell them Thank you for the gift and I liked it very much. (I don't keep on telling them how nice it is, How many compliments I received when I wore it...etc. I wish I could to make them happy but It is not me).

On the other hand my uncle's Daughter who is very good at it will keep on telling every one how nice it paired with all other stuff, How everybody stared at her when she wore that saree or How the decor piece fitted so well on her fire place where she is dying to find a nice one like that from the last 2 years or so (I know that is not true and she already gifted that piece to some one else).

Well that makes me the not so Favorited niece :) Also my Cousin gets to select which gift she wants if there are only 2 gifts and I gets the one she rejected. Not a problem :) I can live with that. Same thing applies to my In laws , Extended family.

Sometimes I feel like (main aisa kyun hoon) But I can't change who I am (especially when there is nothing wrong in what I do or who I am)

7. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

Sometimes I feel like (main aisa kyun hoon) But I can't change who I am (especially when there is nothing wrong in what I do or who I am):thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  8. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

I agree with you but here is the thing I am in two minds....What about people who are genuinely nice - I know this because I have friends who by nature are nice people and genuinely compliment everyone it is part of their personality, but to other people it could come across as they are soaping/ buttering. But they are just folks who are generous with compliments.

1 person likes this.
  9. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

Seetha,

I never cared much about people buttering my teachers during my school and college days.. I was having too much of fun to actually seriously think about life and never had the urge to be Number 1. Number 2 went well too.

But I did feel the difference at work. I can see specific people being "extra" friendly to their/my managers and it did help them, big time. They got awards, pay hikes, less work, more appreciation, early onsite opportunities. But, I just do not have a butter-bone in my body. Though my opportunities came a tad late than them, it was fine by me. I used to feel sad about it, but not so now. Am happy as I am.

2 people like this.
  10. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

I can't say how much I can relate to each one of you. Oh - I have been pathetic in buttering. If anything, I seem to have made enemies because I don't give a damn about a person's position. Yes - I have had trouble getting that promotion, good grades etc.. and yes I have kicked myself for not being an butter-putter.. but with age comes maturity and understanding (usually). I have understood that I have received what is due to me at the right time when I can be satisfied that I have actually earned it. I would not have been happy had I received because i buttered people. and isn't that happiness above all the promotions and extra pay?

1 person likes this.