1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Butterfly Garden

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by AkilaMani, Sep 27, 2013.

1. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Prana,

True... the beauty of nature is such... but an adult mind as you have said dwells either in the past or future, so even while enjoying nature suddenly we catch ourselves thinking about something else.

I am yet to read your blog dear, will do it tonight :)

Thanks da for stepping in. Have a great evening :)

2. AkilaMani

Dear Rajini,

Thank you:) happy to know you like the post. Have a great day!

3. AkilaMani

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Dear EverHappy,

Isn't it a wonder we alternate missing parents and DH! I guess it is just in women's nature to be so ;-)

So happy to know you are enjoying you mom's visit. Total understand what you feel like when you hear her cheerful voice:)

Thanks for stepping in dear. Have a great day![/FONT]

4. AkilaMani

Dear manju,

Thanks dear :) and thanks for letting me know of the nomination :) sooooo happy to know about it :)

Yes, part of being an adult is swing back and forth between past and future with only brief instances of enjoying the present.... How I wish we too master the art of being in the moment and enjoying life like kids. Thanks again dear.

5. AkilaMani

Dearest Viji amma,

Thank you :)

You got two memorable years with your mom and I am sure she too would have enjoyed being with you, looking after your DD and seeing her grow. It is tragic that you did not get to be beside her while she departed, but God works in mysterious ways, maybe it was just intended to be so.

I undersand from a daughter and wife's point of view, but I dread to think from a mother's. I somehow cannot bring myself to imagine being away from my DDs... though I know I will have to do it when the time comes, but until then I would rather not think about it.

Thanks again amma. Have a wonderful day!!

6. AkilaMani

Hi Aruna,

Thanks dear :) Feeding birds and enjoying being with them is something I have not done for a very long time... I use to love doing it in my parents place when there were sparrows that would come every day, but somehow there doesn't seem to be many now in Chennai which is sad.

Glad this snippet brought back nice memories for you :) have a great day!

7. AkilaMani

Dear Kamalji,

Sooo happy to get a feedback from you, thank you :)

Aren't all birds two-legged:hide: he..he..he... but yes got what you mean ;-) Morning walks and chat with friends is just want the doctor ordered for a great start for a day, glad you are enjoying your morning walks :)

Take care and have a fantastic day!

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Akila Mani,

Congratulations for the nomination to FP of the month and the thanks should go to Vijima!

Lovely snippet, it did flutter like the butterflies, jumping from your kitchen, kids and then to the walk in the park followed by your musings.

When one is going through deep emotions of love, separation and affection, one tends to draw parallels to everything around them to their feelings. Liked the way you compared the butterflies across the fence to parents and phone calls or Skype.

Right now, I assume that the butterflies are all on the same side of the fence? It being roughly two weeks since you wrote this I think you may be with your parents now. Do not worry too much, the big butterfly that you love so much will soon catch up! Till then, enjoy those around you! :)

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  9. AkilaMani

Dear Kamla,

Thanks!

Not yet, my trip is more than a month away... and yes, I know that missing DH will be for a very short while, and then he would join me:) Though I will be missing him, I am sure to enjoy being with my parents, siblings, and friends :)

Thanks again :)

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Akila,

A very well written snippet. In real life, we spend most of the time dealing with butterflies in our stomach. It is time we all take time to see the real butterflies. If only we know how to lead a life like a child, our life will be much better. Our problem is management by exception i.e. dealing with issues only in life and we don't take time to appreciate good things around us. We have to get out of crisis management role to appreciate the real life around us.

Viswa

1 person likes this.