1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Butterflies

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Tubelight, Apr 28, 2010.

1. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hey lakshmi

First of all congratulations for a beautiful vacation in Madikeri.

Last year, i was there in May, we stayed in a plantation house. Everything on solar energy. Vow it is a pleasure to drive from Bglr to Madikeri.

As usual, you have spinned a beautiful tale of cosmic cohesion of everyone and everything around us.

oh oh, you will miss IL meet up, but its ok, i think as Mindi said, probably bcoz she is coming in August, so you can meet her also.

Enjoy and have fun.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Lakshmi

More than you I was disappointed that you will not be able to go for the IL meet. But I think you will have a better meet next time with more people. Everything happens for good only.

First comes family. You must be having a nice time with your son and others in Madikeri. Opportunity does not come always. Enjoy.

love
    viji

3. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,

Gosh, how could I have not noticed this post from you haan. I am so late in writing here.

So you are off on a vacation and missing the IL meet. Ayyo obviously your family vacation is more important but was so looking forward to your IL meet and your subsequent write-up but I am sure you can make it to the next one naa.

So now probably you are having a good time in Madikeri....volcano ashes dust...who cares. You enjoy okay.

Love
    Jaya

4. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,

Lovely write up as usual............ Gosh the way you have knitted the writeup to tell you are going on a vacation is really worth praising.

Well, now my part to thank you more comes this week only....hahaha.
    After reading your post...the first thing i did was google- Madikeri ...get as many details as possible....lure hubby darling by showing good pics of the place and asking him with the best smile put up "Are we planning this year vacation here" ...and the answer was well you do the research and forward it to me. I did the best and lo here our tickets have been booked for the july vacation for a south karnataka tour with coorg also included.:thumbsup

Enjoy your lovely vacation dear.

Love,
    Parvathi.

5. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear TL

that was an extremely beautiful writeup. I can understand your feelings to miss the IL meet cause I too missed one in kochi which was to be held on april 18 th, but am happy that yours is for a good cause of a trip with your family. Enjoy the holiday dear and come back with more to write.

ganges

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Lakshmi,
    Butterfly effect, how true isn't it!
    Puzzle pieces are we in this huge Universe..everyone plays a role..isn't it!

Pretty sad, that you missed the meet..was waiting to see the face behind this screen name..

sriniketan

7. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    Back home ( aaah !), back to routine( sigh !) and back to Indus( yippee !) I thank you all for the affectionate messages you have left me. With so much good wishes blown my way, how could i not have had a wonderful time ! We had a blast ! Stayed in a Plantation guest house belonging to FIL's friend. The place was Eco-Friendly or Primitive, depending on view point. Since Madikeri is not new to us, there was no pressure to do the touristy rounds. Besides, it drizzled almost everyday,just the weather to laze, with mugs and mugs of steaming aromatic tea. We just relaxed, daydreamed, read books and s-l-e-p-t. Purrrrrfect.

Did feel bad missing the meet. Had Iceland not had a temper tantrum, I'd have had both pleasures, the Meet and Madikeri. But with Recession still lingering on,even Providence seems to be on Austerity, witholding its bounty and offering only a "Either-Or"option !.

Radheshyam,true, theres no fighting the Master's Plan , He gives what we need, not what we want! Knots,its ok, there's always a "next time", and yeah, the chutney pudi came in handy. The wisdom of elders !Kamalji,i dunno about your sindhi claim, but i do know you are a volcano of merriment and i will put in my FBs, even if late.Dr.Padmini, how beautifully you have summed it up, that instead of resisting uncertainities, we should embrace the possibilities ! Thats Positive thinking in full strength ! Mindi, I know you'd've overcome your blues by now.Totally agree, nothing like family outings to fill the heart with warm, feel-good stirrings ! Yes, hope to meet you in JUly.Monifa,glad to know you have happy memories of Madikeri, hope your dream to spend more time there is realised soon.Aruna, yes, the views of the hillsides are always so beautiful, rain or shine. Experiencing so much green and the smell of wet earth is ultimate pleasure ! Lalitha, I felt bad about dropping out too,but we'll meet soon. You can visit Coorg on a weekend, its not all that far from Bangalore.Soldier, what you say is so true, da. Kids enjoy family vacations only when young, once they sprout wings they just want to loaf with friends, not family !Radhika,how nice to hear of your visit. the place we stayed in also had a solar heater( not lights) and gobar gas stove, and we enjoyed the drive from here too. Viji, "everything happens for good" is the best philosophy to live by. No worry, no tension, no ? Jaya, all volcano ash and dust forgotten, my head is now filled with visions of greenery and fragrance of rain !Parvathy, you made me so happy by saying my post inspired you to book a holiday in Madikeri.You'll love it - and don't forget to take the kids to Dubare elephant camp.Ganges, too bad you too missed Kochi Meet. Let us both hope to make good the next time around !Sriniketan, "puzzle pieces" is such an apt word. This thought should put us in our place, whenever we grow too big for our boots !

Thank you all so very much for writing in , dear Friends.
    :cheers

8. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Lakshmi

Welcome back. Glad to see you . In one shot you have replied to everyone , you are really great and very thoughtful. You did not waste time replying to everyone individually, everyone will be pleased that they got their replies fast. Glad to know you enjoyed the trip to the fullest with your son and others.

love
    viji

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  9. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear TL,
    so happy to see you after alovely and lively holiday trip . One second I was taken aback by the title Dr!!! I was a little bit confused and thought you might have addressed somebody so again went back to all the fbs . Get it confirmed that it is none other than " me: !!!
    Thank you !!! Soon expecting a wonderful write up from you feeling us present with you
    with love
    pad

10. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Tubelight dear,

So, you were one of those whose schedules or mood went haywire due to the volcanic ash, though you wre not anywhere near Europe :)

Beautiful write up of your frustration of having missed a ILite meet. I kept visualising your son's confusion of carrying which board game and your MIL's extra chutneys and pickle :biggrin2:.

Anyways now that the air traffic and your schedule is back to normal, can we expect another write up from you regardin your beautiful trip :-D ?

Bye