1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Burns !!!! Any home remedy

Discussion in 'Infants' started by brindhaaa, Jan 24, 2010.

1. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends

Two days before my son(14 mths old ) touched Iron box ,bcos of which he got burns and boils in his hand. We immediately washed his hands in running water , applied honey and took him to doctor. They put TT injection and gave ointment and medicines for him . He has got boils in hand . Iam applying the ointment when he sleeps . He has the habit of sucking , so couldnt apply in day time .Could anyone of you suggest home remedies for boils to heal faster

As of now iam appliying coconut oil and butter alternatively for friction and irritation. DR has given IBUJESIC SYRUP. Since he is allergic to it , i gave Paracetamol syrup(adol) once first day which i used to give before . He doesnt have fever as of now . Do i have to give any medicines internally to heal faster or should i stop with ointments .

2. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Brindha...

Hugs to your baby.. Take care.
    Don't know about the medicines.... go by your doctor's words.

3. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Brindha,
    Coconut oil is a best healer, so continue that and as Gowri said go by your dr's prescription.
    Hugs to you nd ur baby..take care.

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Get an aloe vera plant (bigger one) and cut the leaf and use the gel inside leaf on burn. It gives instantaneous relief of pain and it also makes the burn heal better and faster. We call aloe vera the burn plant here as it is so effective.

5. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Seconding Tina. aloe vera. I scalded my arm with boiling water a year ago. Aloe vera is very soothing and it healed quickly. If you dont have a plant, look for pure aloe gel.

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Tikka:
    the prepackaged gel is better than nothing but I have had bad luck in that sometimes it has a scent or preservative and it ends up stinging. The fresh gel will not sting and I think it works much better. Brindhaaa, be sure you find one without scent etc if you go that route.

7. vimala1957

vimala1957 Bronze IL'ite

well for now the doctor's treatment is the best.

But instead of running water, had you immersed the hand in cold or ice water for half an hour or more, it would have caused less boils. May be the child would have cried due to cold water or ice, but that is a very good thing to avoid or reduce boils after burns.

8. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Dear Gowri and padmini, thanks !!!! Yes iam applying cocount oil in regular intervals . When i ask him to show his hand , he shows with a big grin on his face ..Cant even enjoy his expression at this situation.

Dear Tikka and tashe, thanks to you . Yes have heard abt ALOVERA 's effect for burns. Will start searching for fresh one , if at all i dont get will try for pack .

Vimala , i tried immersing his hand in cold water, but he was screaming on top of his voice and i really couldnt figure out where actually he had burnt .Then somehow managed to put his hands under running water , but again only for few mins , then applied honey .

He is healing better , and again started his veshamams :)