Bur Dubai and Karama ILites - lets meet up!

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Dubai' started by sunshinegaljuhi, Jul 14, 2011.

1. sunshinegaljuhi

sunshinegaljuhi Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I guess most of us are bored of having to stay indoors to beat the heat.... so lets all meet up somewhere and have some coffee, gupshup and fun.

Please let me know if you wanna come for a meetup on Saturday evening 16th July - lets decide on the venue together. Waiting to hear from you.

Cheers!
    Juhi

1 person likes this.

2. sunshinegaljuhi

Guess Sat was too early for a meet up...but is anyone interested to have a get together at all? We can plan to watch a movie or simply coffee...

3. Anitha27

Anitha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

your plan sounds good! I think every one is bsy with the vacation, going to India or some where else. Even I am leaving on 23rd, vl be back after a month. we would have met earlier nevertheless we can make once every one is back from vacation atleast we can meet over a coffee. then in the future meetups we can extend our meetings as well. or if any one is not going for vacation, then you guys can plan accordingly and once I am back I will join you people ad we vl have fun.
    so where do you stay? I stay in bank street area. you have kids?

keep posting
    bye and take good care

Anitha.

1 person likes this.
  4. PritiGanesh

PritiGanesh Senior IL'ite

hi juhi - As Anitha mentioned mostly everyone is on vacation , so you did not get response

I stay in Golden sands area , near Ramada , where do you stay ?

I would be in Dubai almost all summer .

take care ,

priti

1 person likes this.
  5. sunshinegaljuhi

Hi Everyone,

Anitha, Priti, thanks for your replies. I am new in Dubai and may be thats why dint realise that most ppl will be on vacation at this time of the year. Today I start my third week actually...and yes, the first 2 weeks have undoubtedly been fun! There is so much to explore in Dubai (BTW if you know of any gr8 shopping places do let me know..) I am really excieted to be a part of ILites community since I have got so much info on Dubai on this forum - kudos to all you ladies. Would love to meet you guys...

I am staying at Centrepoint Apts, near Spinneys on the trade centre road.

All you guys heading out for a vacation, have a great time! And those spending the summer here, how are you spending your time?

Cheers,
    Juhi

6. Anitha27

Anitha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hey thats good its been only 2 weeks for you, then dnt worry you will get many many friends here, only thing is

finally you shud have time to spend with them , so that is the case here. You can go to Dubai Mall, Midriff, Deira

city centre, Dubai Festival City, Lamcy Plaza, Mall of Emirates and the list goes on . Did you visit the temples in

Meena bazar? I stay back to Burjuman mall, on the Bank street area.

If you need any Info you can post here vl def help you

Vl keep in touch and keep posting

bye and tc

Anitha

1 person likes this.
  7. priyanka2009

priyanka2009 New IL'ite

Hi Juhi - In IL there are monthly coffee mornings , guess they will start once everyone is back from vacation.

Further down you have creek which is very good for walks but now its hot but i guess late evenings should be OK.

I have a 4 yrs old daughter who has vacation so my time is spent by playing , doing craft and drawing with her and her friends.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  8. saanjh

saanjh New IL'ite

hi Juhi...

Welcome to IL .. Through this site Im sure you'll be able to make many good frnds :)

Liked your plan...count me in for a gupshup session over coffee anytime on weekdays....I m staying in Bur dubai in Golden Sands area... in dubai since last 2 years ....
    More on hearing from you!!
    Cheers!
    Saanjh

1 person likes this.
  9. sunshinegaljuhi

Hi Saanjh,

Would love to meet up. Lets start with the two of us and hopefully many will join us next month onwards. Is there a good coffee place in Burjuman mall or do you know of anyplace better? I am free on weekdays, so lets plan something soon.

Looking forward to meeting you,
    Juhi

10. saanjh

saanjh New IL'ite

Hi Juhi ,

Lets Meet coming Sunday, 31 july @ Starbucks, Burjuman Mall @ 11 Am if you are fine with it..
    We r nt allowed to share contact details on IL :thumbsdown:thumbsdown so lets get to know better on IL till we meet in person :)
    I am from Chandigarh ..moved to dubai arnd 2 yrs back after my wedding....a software professional now a homemaker n thoroughly njoying dis new role :p....Share some details bout u ..
    Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers :cheers
    Saanjh