1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bundle Of Joy

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by muggs, Sep 26, 2018.

1. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Hello Lovely People... I am back with a new short story. Will complete it in 3 or 4 parts. Please share your comments, thoughts, and feedback as they always keep me motivated and help to improve my writing.

Thanks
    Muggs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Part 1

Roshan came running inside his house. His face was red and tears are continuously flowing from his eyes. His mother Sandhya looked at him and couldn’t understand what had happened to him. She came running towards him and hold him. But he slightly pushed her. Sandhya couldn’t understand and she tried to hold him again and asked, “Roshan what happened my baby? Why are you crying? You went to play outside. Did you get hurt?”

But Roshan didn’t reply. He moved a little and sat on the sofa. He was crying inconsolably.

“Roshan please my baby, tell me. What is the matter? I am getting worried.” Sandhya’s face was turning pale as she was not able to understand.

Roshan is 12 years old and the only son of his parents Sandhya and Alok. Roshan is a sincere kid. He is well behaved and very good at studies. He has lots of friends in the society where he lives. He and his two cousins all go to play in the nearby park every evening. And today also after coming from school, Roshan finished his lunch, completed his homework and then went to the park. They usually play for 2 hrs but today Roshan came back within 20 minutes and that too crying. Sandhya’s heart was melting thinking what must have happened. She is getting tensed. She sat beside Roshan and put her hands on his head.

“Roshan, you will not tell your Mom? Did you have any fight with someone? Did someone said anything to you?” Listening to this Roshan looked at his mother and hugged her tightly. He tried to speak but words are not coming from his mouth.

Sandhya felt something is wrong and without waiting, she called Alok in his office.

“Alok… Please come home as soon as possible.” Sandhya said hurriedly as soon as Alok answered her call.

“Sandhya… What happened? Are you okay? Is Roshan fine?” Alok asked worriedly listening to Sandhya’s voice.

“You please come home Alok. Roshan is crying and not telling me what happened?” Sandhya was holding the phone from one hand and hugging her son from other as Roshan is still crying.

“Sandhya… you don’t worry. I will come in 15 minutes.” Alok hung up and started for his home. It was very unusual for Roshan. He had never done this before. He used to share the tiniest thing with his parents. After he comes back from school, he tells every little thing to his mom and after Alok came from office, Roshan doesn’t leave him for a single minute. Roshan is the apple of their eyes. Their life revolves around him.

Alok reached home and entered the room with a rush. He saw Roshan crying and Sandhya trying to console him. Alok came towards him and kept his hand on his head. He gestured towards Sandhya with his eyes to ask if he told anything but Sandhya replied in no with her eyes.

“Hey, champ… look Papa is here. Tell me now what happened?” Roshan looked at his father and hugged him tightly. Alok can feel his heartbeat which is running fast. He hugged him back and moved his hands on his head softly.

“Ok enough… now please calm down. Please stop crying. Look Mumma and Papa both are here. Now tell us what is the matter? Did you get hurt while playing?”

Roshan took some breath and moved his head in no.

“Did you had any fight with someone? Any of your friend said you anything?” Alok asked holding his hand.

He nodded his head. Sandhya and Alok got a little relieved that it could be some kid’s fight because of which Roshan got upset.

“Ok… tell me who said you what? We will go and talk to them.” Sandhya asked.

“Mumma… Papa…” Roshan spoke for the first time after he entered the house.

“Yes beta… tell…” Alok asked affectionately.

“I went to play in the park. My friends also came there. I went to them and started talking. But Aaryan asked me that…” Roshan was still sobbing.

“What did Aaryan ask?” Sandhya asked impatiently.

“Mumma… he asked me, ”Are you not Nikki and Adi’s cousin?”

I said, “Yes, I am their cousin. Why are you saying this?”

He said, “Yesterday when you didn’t come to play, I asked Nikki, where is your brother? She looked at Adi and said he is there. Then I asked about you but she said he is not my brother. I told her, he is your uncle’s son. So he is your cousin. But she told me, "No uncle and aunty got him from somewhere. He is not their son… My mom told me this.”

Sandhya and Alok’s face turned white listening to all this. They never thought in their dreams this could happen. They looked at each other stunned. For a second, their heartbeat skipped.

2. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

wow..another story..looking forward to next parts

muggs likes this.
  3. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Bundle of Joy....cute title like our cute and innocent roshan :hearteyes::hearteyes: wonderful start ma'am :clap2::clap2: dad and mom's anxiety was portrayed very realistically :thumbsup: needless to mention roshan is their apple :thumbup: I pity the other kids for talking unwanted rubbish stuffs so :smash2::smash2::smash2:
    When roshan said d reason I felt sad and looks like that's the truth :facepalm: hope alok and sandy console him..... Wish the bundle of joy hugs them for ever.

Look forward for the next update. Thank you and keep rocking.

muggs and ratan like this.
  4. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Welcome back with new story. As always ur story is well knitted and curiousity for next chapter.:clap2:

muggs likes this.
  5. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

@creativemumma thank you so much for your first comment. :banana: Will post the next part soon.:icon_writing:

6. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Looking your lively comment made me feel great and brought a smile on my face:grin:
    Thank you @Adharv for taking out time and reading and sharing your thoughts. :cheer::banana: Will post the next part soon:icon_writing:

7. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks @ratan for your encouraging words:cheer: They always keep me motivated.:blush:

ratan likes this.
  8. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Superb start ...twist at the end as always...waiting to know more

muggs likes this.
  9. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

nice beginning. Waiting for the next part :)

muggs likes this.
  10. rupz

rupz Silver IL'ite

Hey Muggs,

Welcome back...good beginning..
    Looking forward to seeing more of your story..

muggs likes this.