1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bull Fight - Macabre Sport

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Thyagarajan, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Why in this bull fight both seemed resigned? Any guess? upload_2020-9-24_12-5-9.jpeg

REPENTANCE_

This iconic photograph depicts the end of the career of matador Alvaro Munero.

In the midst of the battle in 2012, he suddenly, in remorse, sat down at the edge of the arena.

Later, in an interview, Alvaro will tell: “Suddenly I saw not horns, but the eyes of a bull. He stood in front of me and looked at me. Just stood and watched, making no attempt to attack. The very innocence that all animals have in their eyes looked at me with a plea for help.

It was like a cry for justice and somewhere deep inside me, I suddenly realized he was addressing me the way we address God in prayer: “I don’t want to fight you, please spare me, because I did you nothing wrong. Kill me if you want, if you will, but I do not want to fight with you."

And I, reading it in his eyes, felt like the worst creature on earth and interrupted the battle. After that, I became a vegetarian and stopped fighting bullfighting."

I wish this barbaric sports including jalli kattu and boxing are banned all over the world. The cruelty to other being is happily watched by human spectators not the animals I suppose. What you feel about it ?