1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Buddies Required!!! Lose a kg for a month- May 2014!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sridevi1977, May 1, 2014.

1. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

B: Bacon and egg Mcmuffin
    L: Veggie burger
    D: chicken + sweet potatoes
    Sn: Chocolate + ice cream

W:1L
    Ex:nil

2. reh

reh Platinum IL'ite

May 27
    =======
    Diet
    ====
    Meal 1- 1/2 litre water, methi , lime and honey juice, 5 almonds, ½ apple
    Meal 2- 2 dosa , sambhar
    Meal 3 - green tea, apple
    Meal 4 - rice , brinjal , potato
    Meal 5 - green tea, almonds
    Meal 6 - quinoa with egg white and broccoli

Water - 3.5 litre

Exercise
    ======
    LS 4 mile walk5 mile normal walkFace and neck exercise

1 person likes this.
  3. minald16

minald16 Gold IL'ite

Down with cold and fever, will post after recovering.

4. reh

reh Platinum IL'ite

May 27
    =======
    Diet
    ====
    Meal 1- 1/2 litre water, methi , lime and honey juice, 5 almonds, ½ apple
    Meal 2- 2 wheat dosa with veggies , potato curry
    Meal 3 - green tea, apple
    Meal 4 - rice , spinach dal , prawns pickle
    Meal 5 - green tea, almonds
    Meal 6 - veg salad , egg omelette

Water - 3.5 litre

Exercise
    ======
    lower body exercise -15 min
    LS 3 mile walk1 mile normal walkFace and neck exercise

5. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ladies,

Back with a bang :)

May 28:

Food: No junk
    Ex:
    treadmill inclined walking - 55 mins - 253 calories
    stepper - 50 calories
    floor ex - squats, lunges and hip ex

So, 1 hour gym and 30 mins floor ex today..

Since am breast feeding mom, I get too much hunger and trying to control it by having more fruits.. Will need to work on that to keep up with this food control ..

I sweated a lot today .. After 10 months lol .. Good sign !

See you all tomorrow with more updates..

1 person likes this.
  6. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

May 27 [​IMG]
    1. mini morning workout- not done

2.breathing / meditation- done
    3.no junk/ no over eating-ate crackers
    4.grain free dinner-done
    points-0.4

diet:
    chapathi with stuffed veg,honey melon
    vegetable,channa dal,yogurt
    crackers
    tea
    vegetables,channa dal,yogurt

Exercise:
    group workout-30 mins floor exercise,30 mins weights,1 mile walk.

May 28 [​IMG]
    1. mini morning workout- done-15 mins floor workout and stretches

2.breathing / meditation- done
    3.no junk/ no over eating-ate 3 spoons of mixture in the evening- not done.
    4.grain free dinner-done
    points-0.6

I had another great day. Except the snack part. But today, I just limited myself to 3 teaspoons. I am happy for that and wiling to avoid that evening unhealthy cheats right from my updates.

diet:
    papaya,milk,soy veg pattie
    grapefruit
    brinjal curry,yogurt,cucumber,hummus and cottage cheese
    green tea( tempted to have chai latte from starbucks- instead sat down alone, took some deep breaths...just went right back to my next work, with no desire to go for it. I am happy that I was successful in avoiding unnecessary extra 150 calories...)
    vanilla yogurt
    tea
    brinjal curry,nuts( I topped 3 spoons of mixture on the vegetable.should have avoided that)

Exercise:
    mor-15 mins floor workout
    afternoon- 10 mins walk
    eveing-20 mins elliptical,40 mins group cardio kick boxing workout,2 mile walk(night).

Meditation done.
    3 stage pranayam,bastrika,kriya done.

Total- 05+0.4+1+1+0.4+1+0.4+0.6=5.3/7

4 people like this.
  7. mrithulanaren

mrithulanaren Gold IL'ite

SRI,

can you say some grain free recipes for breakfast and dinner.
    i would like to try a week grain free diet dear.

already twice i was in south beach diet of 14 days phase-1.

is both are same or any rules are there for grain free diet?

in SBD i followed like this
    bf : egg/ green gram dosa / moong dal idli
    lunch : veggies + dal
    dinner: some cooked legumes

please count me in for June thread..

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  8. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

[COLOR=#800080][B][U]Update for 28.05.2014
    [/U][/B][/COLOR]

[B]Warm water
    Breakfast: [B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#800080]2 Dosas with coconut chutney + Green Tea
    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]
    [B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][COLOR=#800080]MM: Chocolate
    Lunch: [B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#800080]4 Chapathis with Channa dal gravy
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]MA: 1 Chocolate cake + Coffee
    [/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/COLOR][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/FONT][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#800080]Evening: Coffee
    In B/w: Plantain Bhajji
    Dinner: 1 Mushroom dosa
    [/COLOR][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B]
    [B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][COLOR=#333333][B][COLOR=#800080]Water: 3 litres
    Exercise: NIL[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]

1 person likes this.
  9. kavithavijay

kavithavijay Platinum IL'ite

Sri and friends

I go with no updates for a week and come with an silly excuse for my absence. Same this time...Shame on me...:oops:
    I am busy with kids as their vacation started and having fun time with them. We are all eating too much of everything so diet is out of control. We will resume our routine as kids will have a routine from Monday.
    Meet u all again in the June thread.

2 people like this.
  10. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

Miruthula,
    I think you and me...almost follow the same type of diet, except that I did not name it as 'SBD':), because I dont know how far I will be going. continuos 14 days as in SBD.... is kind of unsure for me. I need more committment and dedication to put myself officially in SBD. But for now, I have gone like this for the past 4 days successfully. with minute flaws in between.

Nowadays, I steam lots of veggies ahead and storing it, so that it is easily available for me if I go hungry. Any kind of dal will also be stored for 2 days. other than that, I quickly cook tofu this way.
    Tofu:

put some olive oil. toss tofu little bit, add salt and little bit chilli powder. For flavor, I crush some garlic on top and just sim the stove. turn the tofu other side once it is slightly cooked. Add 2 tea spoons of ketchup or hot sauce and swith off.
    Altogether takes maximum of 10 mins. I add this tofu with any veggies I cook or just eat plain. or put this cooked dish in chopper and wrap with chapathi along with lettuce bell peppers, a spoon of yogurt . If you add mashed avocado with it, or use it as a dip, it will be so yummmmm....

Channa chat:
    I soak and cook channa or black beans separately. Add salt, lime juice, green peppers, little bit of raw onions and 1 or 2 garlic , with chopped tomatoes and cilantro with some corn here and there gives you wonderful feeling of fullness and satisfy taste buds since it is salty, tangy,spicy.

I prepare paneer buruji also easily in 10 mins.
    Indian low fat paneer ...chop it in chopper coarsely.
    Add olive oil, jeera seeds, crushed ginger,garlic chilli powder, some green chillies turmeric powder. let it mix well...add onions and fry. add capsicum pieces.blanch the tomatoes separately,peel it off the outer layer. blend the tomatoes in chopper and add them to the dish. let it just cook for 5 mins and then add chopped paneer to it for next 5 mins and add lots of corriander chopped leaves for flavor. Paneer buruji is ready as dip or major protein stuffing or just as plain.

I love to have soy chunk to be prepared as gravy type with tomatoes. I always wanted to make veg patties with soya. do any one knows the right recipe for this with no potatoes?
    I tried with garbanzo beans and cooked soy. It came well, but it takes lots of time to cook one side and then equal time for the next side and I have no time and patience to do that long. so, substituting with costco veg pattie at those times I did not prepare any protein food and dont like to have yogurt or any dairy products and also wants to eat something slightly salted. It has 18 grams of protein in one veg pattie, but has high sodium also. Like protein and fat cant be separated, forzen foods and sodium cant be separated. better to avoid any way.

How many days have you crossed in the first phase?
    did you see any results so far?
    All the best dear.