1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Buddies Required!!! Lose a kg for a month- June 2014!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sridevi1977, Jun 1, 2014.

1. minald16

minald16 Gold IL'ite

Name: Minal
    June 1 weight: 73.5
    June 20 weight: 75
    Team: 4

Challenges for last 10 days:
    1. 2-3 lt water
    2. eat fruit everyday
    3. no fried item/sweets
    4. exercise 6 days/week

2. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

Minal, you weighed yourself after party day!
    No wonder the weight bulks up...

We still have 10 more days in this month.
    I highly aim for 125 pounds.
    I can commit myself upto 25 th June only.
    I am going to do count down my days for this month.
    Every day is valuable. Will try my level best.

2 people like this.
  3. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sridevi & others,

I like to introduce myself here.. I'm a working mom with 2 kids. I delivered my 2nd boy this April and started exercising since April to reach my pre pregnancy weight. I know it's very hard to find time to ex with 2 kids around. But, i'm highly motivated to lose wt before my baby turns 1 :)

So far, I've lost 30 + lbs since I delivered my baby and I've 20 lbs to lose. I was a member of wt loss thread and i've lost wt twice before with hubby's motivation.

Here is my weight measurement:

June 1 - 159.4
    June 10 - 158
    June 20 - 156.4
    June 21 - 156.2 (lowest of this month)

Since am breast feeding my baby, exercising, dieting and running behind my elder one, i'm able to lose wt :)

Happy to lose more !

5 people like this.
  4. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

I did overeating today, my favourite Biriyani. To compensate this overeating, I will take only cucumber and fruits tomorrow morning. Till 2.00 pm , tomorrow, I will not eat anything other than cucumber and fruits, that as per the appetite developing.

If no appetite, then I will drink water and wait for the appetite to come. That much fatty food I have taken.

Sri.............I am taking a promise that I will not eat Biriyani till the end of this month, so that I maintain at 71.5 kg at least, and do not go back to 72.0 kg

1 person likes this.
  5. sandstar

sandstar Gold IL'ite

Friends, its nice to see the experience u share. motivating.:)
    The zumba instructor is on vacation. So I started to engage myself thru swimming this weekend.. It was relishing and give a positive energy..
    Thanks for being with me, friends! :)

3 people like this.
  6. sandstar

sandstar Gold IL'ite

Dear Reshmi,
    Do u sell cake and where do u live in?

7. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

Today, morning woke up at 5.45 am!
    Sunday morning 5.45 am has not been seen by me for years....

One of my friend in the group exercise class asked me to teach yoga for her. Not like teaching, but I said, I can lead the hour if she makes a commitment...
    She told one more friend, and all together we made it happen today. startting from breathing, we went through intensive poses ,followed by relaxation and mini mediataion...It was so good when we open our eyes ...We could n't believe we did for 1 hr and 15 mins altogether...

I am glad that I have the capability to take the class with no tension..we sailed smoothly...Next time, my friend's husband is also joining it seems... I am kind of uncomfortable with this decision...Today, we were just ladies... I dont know how I will take the class with her husband too..
    we all drank coffee/milk at her house, came back home refreshed....
    Great sunday morning start!

2 people like this.
  8. Ishque

Ishque Silver IL'ite

Thanks dear

9. Writera

Writera Gold IL'ite

Sri, sorry for the way too late reply for this message. Believe it or not, I feel this is so relevant to our topic of weight loss. Your post covers emotions like fear (which we feel before starting our weight loss journey), then courage (that "no", we must do this) and pride (after we achieve it!). I have taken that journey in the past and I want to do it again... it's just that it feels so difficult to start! But I am glad I have started with my daily walks at least. From the girl who only ate idlis or salads when she went out and did zumba everyday to somebody who feels she can never lose it.. welll! Sorry for being philosophical...

1 person likes this.
  10. Writera

Writera Gold IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

I am new to this thread as well and to be honest not very regular as I have been going through major life changes this month - moving apartments! But welcome to you and both us I guess. I think we're both in a same weight loss thread...but anyway I just wanted to tell you what a high it must be to lose 30 lbs +... congratulations! I can't wait for the day when I experience the high of losing that much.

Cheers!