1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Buddies Required!!! Lose 3 kgs by 30th June

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sridevi1977, Jun 1, 2013.

1. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

At this moment, I would like to start a question with you that how you keep yourself in constant motivation to lose weight?

To start from this thread, I would like to thank Vidhya for the good start of our thread...
    The enthusiasm, energy, dedication.... is like a good virus...It spreads instantly to every one who reads it...
    I wish her with happy marriage and come back to thread with the same energy soon....She has all the qualities to run the thread as she is 50 kg Tajmahal already! She is a living example for many woman here..come back soon Vidhya!

I need to say that I have multiple inspiration on IL for weight loss. each and every one of my friends are inspiring me with their specialities and dedication... some of the unique qualities they acquire on the journey...It lits my internal fire to reach my dream spot. To be frank, I myself is an inspiration for me at some point. I am the one who constantly try to lose weight no matter how many times I fall...every time I fall, friends in IL are my great pushers...stilll I am one of the great struggler who has infinite thirst to see myself as my old gold days...

I would like to lsit out some of my inspiration :
    1. My Jazzercie fitness instructor Donna... excellent source of energy and peace within her! waiting to get a photo with her and hang on my fridge. due to personal reasons, I was supposed to quit Jazzercise..hope will continue in the future... that too with Donna.
    2. I went on personal training with Rachna years before ... I lost signficant amount of inches and 10 pounds with her over the course of 4 months...she rely mostly on strength training and floor workouts than cardio
    and diet is the main part too...My next inspiration to stay helathy... out of all her students, she remembered me and called me with my name when she recently met me in a restaurant (un planned surprise ). Another one, with whom I want to take picture with for inspiration...
    3.My mom is obese as for as I know and having all complications in her body.all the things I do is surely on a fear that i dont want to become like her... And I want to become a model for my daughter in her future...
    4. In IL....I have a great list of inspiration...
    Shiva, shanvy, Pman16, priya,SGA,Alpa,Geevee68,amihere,vidhya,shinbili....
    Anu,Buds,melon,sravani,supreep,deepslikes,Anitha,chandrika... and many more ....for some of them ,I dont even have any contacts and interaction... but being a silent reader, I keep myself motivated and keep myself on track...As a whole, IL serves as a great medium for me on my travel... I would really like to say that I achieved my target here ....Thanks for being with me dears...

would really like to know who are all your inspirations and how?

8 people like this.
  2. sridevi1977

Continuation...
    I have multiple personal rewards to treat myself once I am successful in my small targets... Like wise till now, I have retreated myself with 2 full sessions of meditation classes and enjoyed myself to the extent.
    I will buy new sets of workout clothes and pretty tops...
    And treat myself with one of my favorite food-like veg biriyani and double ka meeta!
    will go for a nature walk with my favorite friend...talking for hours...

the next on my list is to give me a nice massage in 'massage envy' after I reach 125 pounds...In between I thought I almost reached there.. seems like I have to travel again from my 130 pounds to reach that milestone... going to take another course in meditation after that point...waiting!

pls share your personal treats that you celebrate your loss...

6 people like this.
  3. sridevi1977

And continuation....

I would like to share yesterday's 2 hr gym workout experince for the first time in my journey...
    To be frankly, yesterday when I was struggling to walk in treadmill, I was thinking of Anu . If she can do it, why cant myself? It pushed me little more. Then Buds, who recently touched 800 calorie burn on walking...If Buds can do, so can I.
    I just want to share my first day of 2 hr gym experience...

started my workout with 5 sets of SN . Usually I do any stretches or SN or floor workouts for 5 to 10 mins before the actual workout. It gives me more energy through out my session. Otherwise straight workout leads to tiredness for me...
    Stepped myself on elliptical with few sips of water, music on, tv also on...(T V for vision to give a feeling of company and entertaining the eyes, and head phones for music ...too much sophisticated right?) warming up for 5 mins... I set a target of 15 mins and had a water break with a pause...then starting with low speed and gradually increased to my max level and speed, continued for next 15 mins to have a water break...
    this mini targets helped me to complete my 15 mins sessions,looking forward for a break...
    did elliptical for 45 mins and 5 mins cool down. burned nearly 425 calories...
    rested on the bench for 10 mins with mild stretches... drank enough water. I added 3 slices of lemon pieces in my water bottle yesterday which was really refreshing for me during my resting time...
    Then stepped on treadmill . .. could not walk with inclination... hurted my neck and shoulders. I always have neck and shoulder issues for so many years... does not want to hurt myself more... so, reduced inclination to just 2 and walked on 3.7 speed to 4.00 depending on my energy. Then also my neck seeks for a support. I tried with no inclination... I was perfectly fine with out discomfort. I wanted to try with mild jog and increase the speed atleast... because, I could not increase my inclination and also could not increase my speed beyond 4 and walk... I was too much strained on my neck. I supported one hand on the bars and swing the other hand and statred mild jog. I was ok there... I alternated my hands for support for every 2 mins and ran upto 4.5 speed max, with inclination of 2 to 3.
    Again, water breaks for every 15 mins, that way, I was able to cope up the 800 calorie burn...But it took nearly 2 hrs...
    I would like to continue the same for 1 or 2 days in a week. time factor and energy factor on all other days...hopefully friday nights and saturday , I prefer to continue this...let me see ...

Thanks to Anu and Buds to make myself successful in my workout yesterday ...

7 people like this.
  4. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends 06/08 update

Empty stomach 1 ltr water
    Before breakfast I had cooked 4 curries for guests for lunch.. Just few tsp to check spice level Breakfast 3 egg whites/ 1 dosa/ tea
    1/2 ltr water
    Lunch 2 rotis/tofu curry which I cooked with less oil and salt(I have to be thankful for my friends they dnt pull my leg for

5. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends 06/08 update

Empty stomach 1 ltr water
    Before breakfast I had cooked 4 curries for guests for lunch.. Just few tsp to check spice level Breakfast 3 egg whites/ 1 dosa/ tea
    1/2 ltr water
    Lunch 2 rotis/tofu curry which I cooked with less oil and salt(I have to be thankful for my friends they dnt pull my leg for not eating biryani)Snack 4 dates/fruit bowl
    Dinner southwest grilled chicken salad/1roti

Water 11/2 ltr
    Exercise 60mins&4 miles&660 cals

My rules1) less salt/less oil(yes)
    2) lean meat(yes)

Girls pls read my post and let me know if I can add 5 points are not because I have tasted the spice oil which I cooked in lot of oil and spice

6. Akineel

Akineel Platinum IL'ite

Anu,

How do u make tofu curry?

7. evelinrony

evelinrony Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Todays Update

Early morning -1 banana

Excercise--Cafe moms cardio workout(youtube)- 30minutes:)

Breakfast 2 brown bread with egg white omellete
    Lunch-puttu and curry

Dinner from outside after church

Water Challenge started---2.5 ltrs finished want to make it 3:thumbsup

No junk no sweets...done

Total points
    till Sunday 9...:thumbsup

2 people like this.
  8. evelinrony

evelinrony Gold IL'ite

Hi Anu,

I think its Ok even if u taste food with high oil/salt. Even if we are on diet we still have to cook tasty food for our family. If I make chicken , fish etc...I always taste,,,but ur not eating a portion of it...so full points should go to u...thats my suggestion

9. evelinrony

evelinrony Gold IL'ite

Hi Sridevi and dear ones,

Very good to read about Sridevi's great efforts on weightlose. For me from my childhood days I was a fat girl. I had all sorts of names at school and then at college, I was somewhere around 85....Some boys started teasing me very badly and that day I decided I should really really lose. Thats the first time I ever saw myself in front of the mirror,..was so sad to see that I had a big waist and fat thighs....and the only good thing about me was my face,,,,I always admired my face but my body was horrible...I didnt know how to lose weight but I just used to cut down on all food.and some how in 2 years almost reached 68kg...I had an early marriage at the age of 22. So on force of my hus I still had to lose weight and I reached 64 kgs on the day of m wedding. I could maintain that but after my first pregnancy I came back to 75 and then starved myself untill I reached 68...
    Now again 2 nd baby after 5 years I gained back all those weight and stood at 75.....and next year I'm going to enter my 30's ....coz now I realize I should be cuting down on all choclates ,,,,coz I just love them....and sweets...this year 2013 I decided to stop all choclates but still came back to routine of eating choclates after every meal....Last month I joined IL,,,,and I came across this wonderful thread where I met so many ladies who try to achieve their targets and so much motivation....drinking water....excercising...I started thinking I should also try ....May, I think I did my best avoiding my favourite choclates...but somehow cheated once in a while eating Kitkats once in a week...But June I've eaten only a small piece of Patchi till date.....Thanks to this thread....otherwise I would never have been able to achieve this...Now I'm able to say NO to any food. The sad part is I miss eating food with my Hus and kids. But thats y I'm able to survive on something light for dinner..With so much sacrifices I make I'm sure I'll reach my ideal weight of 57 kgs in another 2 years...
    I really hope I too could burn so much calories like Buds, Sri and Anu ....Maybe in another 6 months I too could do it...

Thanks to all lovely ladies....:)

4 people like this.
  10. Buds

Buds IL Hall of Fame

08.06.13 - Points 0
    Black tea
    Uppuma
    Rambutan
    Rice, dal, beans, fish fry, papad
    Coffee
    2 chapati& egg

Water : less