BRT Corridor in New Delhi

Discussion in 'Delhi' started by sushmasrivastav, Feb 11, 2009.

1. sushmasrivastav

sushmasrivastav Bronze IL'ite

Hi, this is sushma srivastav.:hiya
    Commuting in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:place></st1:City> today is a hell of a job. I have to drive my Maruti 800 down the Bus Rapid Transit Corridor in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New Delhi</st1:place></st1:City> from Ambedkar Nagar to Defence Colony every day. There is always a big traffic jam near Chirag Delhi. The BRT Corridor has reduced the road space available for non- bus users. You have to wait till eternity to cross the Chirag Delhi crossing. As an ordinary citizen it disturbed me a lot to see VIPs, and rich brats in big cars zip along the bus corridor while I waited and waited for the traffic light to turn green. Thankfully this menace has reduced after there were a few articles in the daily newspapers took up the story.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009

2. raminderkaur

raminderkaur Bronze IL'ite

I too have suffered the BRT corridor.My son, Rahul studies in Indian School. There was a lot of trouble initially. The BRT bus lanes are in the middle of the road and they had to cross the busy car lane to get to the bus. After follow up, things are now better with the buses going right up to the school