brown discharge, what's happening?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by keerthi, Aug 7, 2008.

1. keerthi

keerthi New IL'ite

Re: Super Moderators - Changeover!

Hi,
    I just finished my 5-days periods (spottings on the 1st 2 days, heavy periods on 3rd & 4th day and I will done on the 5th day). I have been having a regular 28 / 29 / 30 days cycle.
    This month after my periods, we tried making love on the 7th day. But he did not ejaculate into me. Then on the 8th or 9th day after my periods, I suddenly started seeing some brown discharge. Every time I go to the restroom, I wipe after urinating I see that discharge. Not sure why? It is continuing to be like that and now I am on my 15th day after my periods.
    What could be the reason? Has anybody experienced this?
    I don't think this could be miscarriage or implant bleeding, because this is happening immediately after completing the monthly periods.

Has anyone experienced this? Please help, it's terribly confusing.

Keerthi

2. kanmani

kanmani Junior IL'ite

Re: Brown discharge

Hi Keerthi,

May be I came to this thread too late.

But just to let you know, I have experienced something similar - brown discharge for a few days in between my periods. I consulted my gynec and she told me it might be a fluke that it's happening. She said that it might be some left overs that is getting out of the system after the periods.

Don't worry. But I recommend you consult your Gynec/OB if you are seriously into trying for a baby. You don't want this delay having a baby.

Good luck.

Kanmani

3. Nirims

Nirims New IL'ite

light red fibre like discharge

I have not had my periods for the month of october, i have irregular periods, i get it everymonth but sometimes on first week, sometimes later ,only once i did not have it for a month.I am married for two years and i am trying to conceive, i had a miscarriage in dec 2006 but never conceived after that, today i had a light red discharge along with white discharge, again white discharge and now a little more (but still not like periods) fibre like discharge, i did not do a HCG test, i do not want to be disappointed,if it is negative, i have had several disappointments through these months trying to conceive, should i test or give it a few more days, i actually forgot my last menstrual day, however my mother in law said that it is more than 50 days, i had vomitting sensations, just like when you get cold, i had even vomiitted before, but i did not read preganant, hence i do not want to take that as a symptom, otherwise i am normal, except for my delayed periods....
    Any advice

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: light red fibre like discharge

Hi Nirims,
    Why don't u try urine test for HCG? It will help you to know your status. If it is 50 days old, there are chances... If you didn't expect to be pregnant, result will not affect you much but you can come to a conclusion.... Please find why ur periods are irregular & take treatment to it if u are not taking any!!!

All the best!!!

5. Nirims

Nirims New IL'ite

thaks vasu for replying , i got my periods today, not sure why i am finding so difficult to conceive, i consulted a doctor once, she is telling me not to worry and take my time .........sometimes i feel getting preganant is never gonna happen to me :-(

6. Vasumathy

Hi Nirims,
    Don't loose ur hope. Soon u will be pregnant.:thumbsup Try consulting a gynec & know your reproductive organ's working. Know ur hormone balance. Sure these will help to identify your issues. Don't loose heart. God will bless u with cute baby soon... All the best!!!

7. Uma Jogi

Uma Jogi Senior IL'ite

hi vasu and nirimis..
    am also in a process of TTC past 8months...inspite of taking tablets and injections for better ovulation and harmones..am unable to conceive..
    and past 3 months i have been facing this ugliest problem of a discharge which is light red/brown in color and fiber like discharge...i have said the same to my gynic too , but she said after a scan that nothing is there which is leading to this fiber like discharge with a pale red color..i was really confused..earlier to this i used to get normal periods with normal discharge as usual..but these past 3months i donno whats happening with me..and i feel my stomach is too much bloated at this time...pls share ur views if u have faced any..!!

8. Vasumathy

Hi Uma,

Don't worry. We all succeed a day. Wait for that happier day with hope.

I used to have the brownish or reddish discharge every month before a day of my periods. I use this as a symptom to start of my period. I never worried of it. Actually i never thought its a wrong sign & inquired to gynec!!! I am sorry if ignorant of this!!! I will have a little bloated stomach b4 my periods also. Don't worry & please keep ur mind free of all these worries..

9. Uma Jogi

Uma Jogi Senior IL'ite

hi vasu,
    thanks for the support..the fiber like discharge for me will be there for all the 5 days...it is not just before the start of my periods...if it was in just the beginning i would have felt normal...but all the 5 days is too much...
    i am trying to keep my mind cool for some more days...Rest is God's Grace...I wish all ur support will be there for me..!! Thank u for the response..!!

10. Vasumathy

Hi Uma,
    All our support will be with u all the time. Don worry.
    When do u get the discharge? Is it during ur periods???
    Take care.