1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bro's wife issue . please suggest

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by snehalJoshi, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Jan to May 2015 this thread was live and the matter is already stands washed rinsed and dried up.
    I wonder What had promoted @nakshatra1 to respond now? and when @nandinimithun clicks like button for this response there must be some solid reason behind it.

2. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

I hope there is a solid reason to interrogate.
    I am an only child myself, and I have faced a lot of opposition from society and my own SIL . I have a supportive husband, but still my SIL and inlaws oppose him from spending time with my parents at all . And most importantly, my inlaws feel I should also forget my parents after marriage and not be responsible for them in the slightest way . In general, society thinks that women don't have emotions and they should completely forget their parents after marriage .Taking care of parents is the biggest virtue for a man and the biggest sin for a woman. No man will ever tolerate it, but why different rules for women ?

While going through OP's threads, this post triggered me because I have suffered a lot , so I have given my views for daughter's taking responsibility for parents. As this thread and the views are in public domain , I have expressed my views about an important matter which affects me and almost all other women in society till now.Whether this matter is closed or not , whether OP has changed her views or not, I dont know because she never responded . But my reply is to express my views and reasoning on a subject which affects all .

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@nakshatra1
    I commisserate and appreciate your response and your pov.

2. The plight of such DILs for not getting approval permission from their DH side to take care of her ageing and or ailing parents is well understood ane I have seen accommodating parents in law among our highly or moderately educated relatives and friends.
    3.May be these are isolated cases. In elite class I have seen They had accommodated parents of Dil in their own building and their DIL is very happy with this arrangement. Sometimes proximity helps!
    Thanks & regards.
    God Bless.

4. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Those women are exceptionally blessed- glad to hear . Even one such instance can set example for others.That is why it is important to discuss this matter. It is cruelty, and it will take a very long time for society to make progress in this direction for society to realise a daughter also has equal right to take responsibility of her parents.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020