Bringing a small golu to preschool - help!

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by Marisa, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Marisa

Marisa New IL'ite

My son wants us to bring a small golu to show his preschool friends. The school is very welcoming, so they're fine, but we don't really know what to do. Usually my husband's family doesn't keep golu so we haven't done anything until now, but in-laws are fine with it if our son wants to. I think a 3-step would be more than enough, and I thought I could get some playmobil figurines of animals and people and some that looks like kings, etc., but I'm pretty clueless about what to do. Also the kids (11 kids in total) would probably want to play with it, should I leave it there? Please advise what I should bring and tell the kids, I really do not know anything. Thanks!

We're thinking of taking glow in the dark bracelets for Deepavali. That should be easier!

2. krvchitra

krvchitra Bronze IL'ite

hi golu dolls are for display for nine days & try to find some ganesha & lakshmi dolls that'll be apt for the dussera season,and children can have fun playing with some indian stuff like bow & arrow and other interesting games.

3. Marisa

Marisa New IL'ite

Thank you! Would a figurine like this work, or does it need to be different?

[​IMG]

I was thinking of reading a story to the kids, but I can't seem to find any children's books about the festival.