1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bring the best and worst of your Mother-In-Law...

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by spuppala, Nov 24, 2011.

1. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

You haven't met mine.

2. Anyuna

Anyuna Silver IL'ite

My Mil 1)Very Hygienic If possible she will wash sugar.2)Very encouraging in what I want to cook ,(she allows me to cook any thing)3)Very literate is a Dr
    Negative1)Always nagging never happy with me.2)Boasting of her cooking and her Dr ~ ship(never lets us forget that she is one).3)Thou jealous showing no one is as magnanimous like her.

3. gaja_lakshmim

gaja_lakshmim Senior IL'ite

I am happy to see that so many of you have got a really nice MIL...
    I don't get any positive qualities about her, though i need to mention some...

Positives :

1. she is good at extracting works from others
    2. Has a good memory (she always looks for points to put me down before others)

Negatives:

1. So much money minded that i never met such a person, including my FIL ( money wont come out of their pocketseven when they have to spend for their DD)

2. She always emotionally blackmails my husband when he questions her about her wrong behaviour.

3. Totally unhygenic. She never dress properly and never tries to keep the house clean.( If she gets time, all she does is think about how to attack me.)

4. So much jealous n egoistic that even after 4 years of our married life, she is jealous if my huusband buys something for me. she wants whatever property we buy to be registered in her name.

5. Never give any sort of respect to my family members.

Not only my MIL, all my in-laws have the same quality. Because of my in-laws, our married life is also sour. I am so frustrated why i have such a bad marrried life.
    I hate them all to the core that I don't even want to think about them.

my MIL is not Mother-in-law but MONSTER-IN-LAW..

4. loveumom

loveumom New IL'ite

My MIL - the worst human being!

5. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

About my MIL....

Positives:

1. Her style of cooking many dishes in a quick time is one good thing...i admire in her.

2.She is a home-maker and was was not educated but even then she has her own attitude...and never bends for anyone inclusive of my FIL.No body cannot even think that she is uneducated.

3.The way she engages the whole day in household chores and also spends necessary qualitative time of herself...She can enjoy even English/Hindi /Korean or any kind of movies...

Negatives:

1. She always compare myself to her in every aspect.I got an anklet for my marriage,and she searched the whole city for the same kind of design and got somehow on the same day...the list continues...if my hubby calls me during day time,he has to call his mom also...if i get a Saree,she will need the same design immediately...same hairstyle..etc...etc...

2.She is very adamant and will get angry very quickly...i will reach to the pitch in a moment...i cannot even scold my hubby...if she overhears it...then i am finished...she will screaming to the core...and every other person in the family will know that i have scolded my husband.

3.Every time...if the above happens...i have ask sorry in front of the whole family to her...(even if scold my husband...i have ask sorry to her..for scolding her son ...)this happened thrice in 9 months of my married life...

6. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

:) interesting thread and replies too with some really blessed ladies here..
    Good points of my MIL-
    1. never keeps a check or nag on my expenditure upon my family. gives due respect to my family.
    2. will handle the required housechores when I'm not available....like cooking...washing clothes ( I got her a fully automatic machine with all my heart as she used to take care of washing..she never liked my way ;-) )
    3. mmm...thinking ;-) NOWW..doesnt compare me to anyone, at least in front of me!

Annoying ones -
    1. always boasts about herself for EVERYTHING - cooking, care taking of her own kids in her time, care taking of house in her time, physical work she used to do...etc etc..everything.
    2. will keep giving instructions and advices as much as possible but would hardly do anything practical to help in any case.
    3. ALWAYS will have some point to complain about and will keep many points within her to use on the very appropriate time...will never let things go by with time!!

7. itsmebhama

itsmebhama Bronze IL'ite

positives:
    1. A good cook - even though i don admire her cooking my DH likes her dishes very much.
    2. Entertaining - she s very talkative n she wil always entertain through her style of narration.
    3. Hard working - she wil do every work in the home n never complains.
    Negetives:
    1. She cannot be trusted even by her daughters an son. she always creates good story for each of them seperately and the worst part is they don know that their mom s telling lies to them. bcos of this character sometimes even if she s telling the truth i don believe her.
    2. badmouths to my DH and FIL and because of tht FIL s also against me now. makes DH to pay for eveything but never reveals tht to family member an spends as though it is their money.
    3. she is a real MOM INLAW i mean the very type we see in movies n serials. she is a very good actor and knows very well how to manage my DH very much

because of inlaws my life has become miserable. but i think she and FIL they are the most luckiest ppl in the world. their children has now reachd to a position which they cudnt even think of. n also they have got the most lovable chinldren who loves them to their life. al these bos of their smart behavior they know how to act in front of everyone.

8. chandy939

chandy939 Silver IL'ite

1.Three best qualities of my Mother-In-Law I like the most
    -She takes care of the house and cooks religiously for a family of 6 (even tho I used to be the bakra for making chapthi every morning)
    -She never disturbs me or expects me to help her when I am working from home.
    -She never discusses family problems with any outsider.
    -Respect for elders (except for f-i-l).Whenever they visit my parents she touches my father's feet bcoz he's the eldest in both our families.

2.Three worst qualities of your Mother-In-Law you hate to the core.
    -Expert in changing her statements during arguments or confrontations.Lying about trivial things.
    -No respect towards my f-i-l and scolds him 24*7.Its such a pain to listen to her constantly arguing/nagging him for no reason:rant....unpleasant situation at home!
    -Extremely partial towards her siblings.

She is an extremely intelligent lady and awesome memory...solves math and puzzles quicker than any of us :bowdown...I wish she would have used her talent in the right way by working somewhere and contributing to the country.

9. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

It's exactly the same case as !blessed! with my mil. Only difference is she is still existing on earth to play with my life.

10. sweetestshweta

sweetestshweta Gold IL'ite

Best qualities of my MIL:-
    1. She is confident and assertive.
    2. She has a terrific sense of humour.
    3. She is a great cook and sings very well.

Now her worst traits:-
    1. She is very partial and unfair..Supports all acts of SIL
    2. She is very interfering.Has to know every detail of our lives.
    3. Very very dominating