1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bring the best and worst of your Mother-In-Law...

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by spuppala, Nov 24, 2011.

1. lathakishore

lathakishore Junior IL'ite

hoo noooo, unknowingly, i gave a very lengthy post.sorry for troubing.

2. SMG

SMG Junior IL'ite

Hi Blessed,

It seems to me that your MIL is the same as mine. I dont even have to make an effort to type out the qualities.:thumbsup
    Only one change to the hygiene part i would like to make. Although she is extremely clean she will do unhygenic things with my stuff.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  3. SMG

SMG Junior IL'ite

Hi,

Blessed, it was only because of you that i could think of some of her good qualities.

1. Very hygienic.
    She cleans things that we would normally not think of. Probably because of the fact that i am normal and she is not. But her cleanliness sometimes puts me off. She uses the dishwashing soap to clean the wash basins, combs, etc. It makes me sick to use the same soap for washing food vessels.

2. Neat and organised.
    She spends her entire day just arranging stuff. Her things in the ward robe are very neatly arranged. Even clothes ironed and kept inside doesnt need to be ironed again however big the occassion is. I dont understand how no folds show.

3.Memory.
    Her memory is extremely good. Remembers everything to do and what is kept where and who said what.

Bad qualities...Difficult to pen down only 3.so will select the top 3.

1.Anger
    She is an angry old woman. From the time she wakes till she falls asleep she is in an angry and complaining mood. When she used to shout at me (now not talking to me which is a blessing) i used to imagine a volcano spurning out lava. Or felt maybe she would collapse with a heart attack.

2.Disciplined.
    She runs the house as if it is a boarding school or military camp. everything has to be done on time with no excuses. Even when i was pregnant i coulnt sit for a while if i felt dizzy. SO i used to hold whatever i could get to prevent myself from falling.

3.Jealous.
    Although she will never admit to any good that i have done either i cooked well or was praised by someone, she feels jealous. I personally feel jealousy is the worst human quality as it makes a person behave in an irrational manner.And the things that she has done due to jealousy is endless to type.

1 person likes this.
  4. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

my MIL positive:

1. open minded:

talks very sportively.. and talks evrything ..even she told her first crush to me:)
    2. good cook

all her item will be very tasty..she makes in a very simple yet very tasty..
    3. hilarious:
    she imitates people exactly and makes a good comedy....

4.dedication to god

out 365 days she don't eat non-veg for 320 days saying about god(poornima,amavasai,shahsti like that)

negative:

1. unhygienic:

she keeps home very nasty..i don't like the kitchen at all..all the vessels looks old..i don't like the way she serves the food..not hygienic

2. show off:

always she should be the richest in her circle..and always boy's mom have the more respect and dignity.... she always praises her two sons irrespective of place... she compares each and everything with others...

3. miser/stingy

she never takes good dress for her even though she is more affordable....she don't offer anything whole heartedly to her farm people..i don't like the attitude i will give everything is reaming to all farm people..

5. chitu

chitu Bronze IL'ite

positive

1. she is a very good mom
    2.patience
    3.not like usual mil she support me lot

negtive
    1.if i have more work also she will not help me

6. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hey chaiover,

Welcome to the thread dear..
    Hhmm..well you start praising her for whatever she does,,Then she would be sure reciprocating to you ..
    Well it is some sort of dominating nature due to age and also to show her identity in the family..

Not to offend,I see a very very thin layer of this in my mom too sometimes..but she is so sweet most of the times..

7. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Well its very nice to hear about your MIL chitu..Might be she is not aware of your work load..Try to make her aware that you are being over loaded :)

also it could be that she wanted to take rest after facing so many ups n downs in her life :)

8. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

@Subhaganesh Such a cool and posh MIL you have dear..thats too sweet of her to share about her first crush :) And Your MIL is just like MIL..she makes fun all the time ..:)

Well you can explain her about the importance of cleanliness and the bad effects of unhygienic kitchen to her saying that old age is very prone to diseases and so need to be very careful...

9. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

My mil is a worst lady on the planet

10. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

ya spuppala she is very open character..sure i will change her in means of clenliness