1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bring Somebody as your Husband

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Dec 18, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanthi,

Nice to see you back in action. We were all a little concerned about your health when Veda Vyasan posted in the prayer thread. Hope you have fully recovered now and are doing fine.

It is painful to read a suggestion like that coming from that agency. They could have asked for proof of marriage and could have issued the tickets in your and your husband's name. To insist that you should bring your husband is impractical. But to insist that you bring somebody as your husband is downright vulgar and immoral. I am happy you rejected the offer straightaway.

Shanthi, you know what is the greatest enemity of values? It is not evil, but expediency. Many people today take the "expedient" (read, convenient) route giving a big six to values. I am happy you stood your ground. Veda Vyasan should be really proud of you.

regards,

PS: what happened, you both husband and wife have ditched HE in the middle?

2. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi Shanvy
    Chill down. The girl must have been a fan of Indian TV serials where such things are shown blatantly ,This is what our TV is doing to people loosing ethics & moral.And these prize wining phones most of the time are hoax.

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Shan,

I was thinking for a long time whether to reply or not.... What to say???

In todays TV... you open any channel or serial... You see that one person has more than one wife or an affair.... Similarly the ladies will have pre or post marital affairs... That is the trend... That is what today's people view... I have seen lot of people justifying one off stands... Not only male/females also... You know that pretty well... So the lady's suggestion is nothing weird to me per say...

The values are lost... This is a materialistic world.... Our traditions and values we have to hold on to it and instill in our kids for future...

With regard to the tricky offers and cheating... I dont want to elaborate... as so many people have already said... So forget it....

On a lighter note.... See the bright side... You had the opportunity to select a second .. latest and better model...:idea.... hahahahahaha........ I can visualise you getting wild, kicking and raring to go at me.... so... relax.... Jhoot....

Dear Varalotti,

Yes.... I am really lucky and proud of Shan....:hatsoff to her...

Thanx...

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi sridhar,

I really dont' k now what is happening...things are going from bad to worse..and i can see it happening in all walks....

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi jaishree,

I was never worried about the prize..the ways of marketing and luring have come a long way...and the value, ethics, morals have been put aside ...

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

veda

I know all about the influence of tv, and all....to watch it on tv, to read it on paper has a different impact than when it is handed over to you personally...

Anyway,when r u planning to come to chennai....i don't want to give a piece of my mind over phone/il.....tsktsk

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Shanti,

Do u know the trick in this thing ?Let me tell u my expierence.

I keep winning contests that i have never attempted.I am called on the phone by a sweet voice, to say i have won so and so, and Sir can u come and collect the prize, with yr spouse to BNMMMM place.

I tell them to send me over the prize, this is amy adress, and they say u have to come personally to collect.I never ever go.

A greedy friend of mine went, and he spent a lakh to collect the prize.They convinced him to buy a holdiay package from a resort, where by he can spend a week a year in the resort, which he never does.

This is the catch.Many people are waiting to collect the prize, and only if u pay for their package will they give u the small prize.HAHA.Slimy rascals.

And kamalji is too innocent to fall into their trap.Nanha Munna Rahi hoon main.REgards.kamal

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

kamalji,

Good to know you don't fall into the trap...I knew there should be a glitch..but the height was when she said bring somebody as your husbandshakehead.

Values, ethics everything takes a back seat...in today's world to market and take the commission...

9. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Shanthi dear

This happened to me last year.........they called me and ask me to come to their office to collect the prize with my hubby ( call came to bala also,, that even she has won)... so its very crystal celar that this is maketing strategy........but simply we want to fool that people, so we planned to go to that office, we were asked to sit in the reception for sometime.....they served us worst tea and after that they took us to main hall, there will be one marketing executive for each and every couple.....he used to tell in detail about their company, resorts they have, show the picutres of their cottages etc.......will try their level bes to join in their package..........we argued with him sincerely about this and that, atlast we got that gift and came..........ofcourse, luckily for us set of ICECREAM BOWLS........:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::notthatway:...............hey iam not greedy....bur we really want to fool that people .....so we went.......

As somebody said , this is materialistic world....no value for etchics, morals etc tc......