1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Bring Mom To Usa Permanently....

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by somam16, May 15, 2017.

1. somam16

somam16 New IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    I am the only child of my parents and my father expired in 2002. My mom is 80 years old living by herself in India. I am currently in USA because of my husbands job. We are green card holders. My mom has not been keeping well lately. I have a girl staying with my mom in my house in India just like our own family member who looks after my mom. She lost her parents in her childhood and since then she has been staying with us. We both grew up together and she is like my own sister. My mom visited me for 6 months, two years back on a visitor visa. But during her visit she was mostly worried about that girl back home in India. We are trying to get her married but so far no luck. She has some health issues.
    I would like to know if there is anyway out that I can sponsor my Mom and my sister and bring them here permanently. I am always worried about them and unable to find a way out to solve my problem. I have a 9 yr old daughter so I even cannot think of going and staying in India for more than two months. I am very much tensed about my mom's health and can't figure out how to solve my problem . My tension is affecting my relationship with my husband. Please advice. Thanks.

2. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

To apply for their GC's you need to be citizen first.
    That being said, getting GC for your mom is easy but for your foster sister is going to be tough. She is not your real blood sister. Even if she was wait time for a sibling is 13 years

3. MrCroc

MrCroc Silver IL'ite

Unlike Australia and Canada, US does not have a long term visa.