BrightRiders school Musaffah

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by Dinny, Dec 9, 2012.

1. fmifmi

fmifmi New IL'ite

Since Bright Riders is starting as a brand new school and with high fees, can we expect a good infrastructure, a better teaching methodology (not mugging up style), a better approach with students (like in other international schools) etc., ? OR Will it be the same old wine in a new bottle ?

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I am one of those who changed schools constantly because of my fathers job transfers.i have travelled length and breadth of India studied in small and big schools.And i have realised one thing that it was not really my school's way of teaching but my way of studying that helped me.Its for this reason that i opted out of Bhavans school.I was looking for a school that would provide my child with all kinds of extracurricular activities and sports.I hope that Brightriders would come upto my expectations.Though i know the government here is also interested in bringing up the school in a good way and thats one very good reason to trust brightriders.

3. fmifmi

fmifmi New IL'ite

If person X gets in ADIS in lottery system as well as in Bright Riders and person X doeesn't mind about his child travelling in bus to Musaffah, then which is the good option for person X, ADIS or Bright Riders ? Let us have opinion for the above scenario ...

4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Then i think it is completely that parent's or person's call

5. fmifmi

fmifmi New IL'ite

We have received a circular through Sara Nursery that we have to pay the 1st term fees and complete the admission on 15th January 2013. This way, the parents will be locked and cannot look elsewhere. I have to decide very quickly about Bright Riders. Will there be extra curricular like Swimming, Music, Yoga etc., in the new Bright Riders ? How is the construction progress ? Can someone update urgently please ....

6. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hi fmifmi
    See brightriders have facilities for sports,there will b an indoor swimming pool,auditorium and an athletic track.But this year when it opens all these facilities might not b open.2weeks when i called them up regarding their building.they informed me their piling was done now only the prefabricated structures had to be errected.that it would be done before the new academic Year begins in april.i have transferred my son here because i know this school would shape up well.And this year they are opening only till grade4 so the complete structure would take another few months.But why do you worry so much???Relax.Dont hurry think properly you can change your kid's school next year too.Its your decision that matters.

7. Szd

Szd New IL'ite

I do agree that we should'nt hurry and worry. The thing is kids have to play when they should. And if they cant, then there is no use we being parents and giving them facilities when they don't want them.
    Say for example something that I disliked in ICK recently - My daughter loves dancing - She was very happy to be part of Sara Nursery Annual day function. In ICK she kept on asking me "Mamma when is annual day" and i kept on telling her, your ma'm will tell us one day. Here now when i checked with her m'm she says my daughter is not participating in Annual day at all. Reason being "NOTHING". Just that she is not. And they cannot make ALL kids participate.
    Now my daughter was disheartened - Only because ICK has more kids??? Or because they do not have enough capacity to accommodate these small tots in such activities.?? After 5 yrs she might not even be interested in dancing
    Wish we had some good Indian schools which gave more attention for kids(Primary School) with the Indian Syllabus.

8. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Szd
    I know kids really feel bad in such situations and it hurts us too.Fortunately for my son in Noahs Ark and EFIA they select children on the basis if their interest .I hope Brightriders comes upto our expectations.You know whats the good news...there are about 20new schools opening up in Abudhabi for Indians in another 1 or 2 years.Gems itself is opening about 7schools in AUH.So i hopeful that soon our kids will have lots of options to choose from.

1 person likes this.
  9. jumpingjax

jumpingjax Bronze IL'ite

i agree with you szd, i do wish there were more proper cbse schools with all-around focus for kids. while i am fine with the kg curriculum at adis, i do wish they had more activities, dance etc at this age - it would encourage them to develop in all areas and also be enjoyable for parents as well.

1 person likes this.
  10. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

So true we need better schools in AUH