Bridal blouses stitching and readymade/Lehanga for reception

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by djk, Mar 25, 2015.

1. djk

djk New IL'ite

Hello Ladies

I am new to this forum.I am basically from Chennai but now working in the US. I am getting married in June of this year and will come to Chennai only 10 days before my wedding,only after which I will do majority of my shopping. I need your ideas on the following :

1) Can someone please suggest tailors in Chennai who is good in stitching bridal blouses( with embroidery, designs etc) ?

2) I will only have 10 days time for the stitching and may need to stitch 2-3 blouses within this time. Will this be enough time for the tailor to stitch my blouses (including designs etc)

3) I am also considering buying ready made blouses in case the tailor doesnt deliver the blouse on time for my wedding.Can you pls suggest good readymade bridal blouses shop? I checked in RMKV's website and they have a decent collection.Has someone tried in RMKV? Do you know other dress shops/boutiques in Chennai where they sell readymade blouses for brides?
    4) I am trying to decide between saree and lehanga for my reception.Can you suggest good places to buy Lehanga /bridal half sarees(or whatever they call it). I checked on Pothys, Chennai silks and RMKV websites and they dont seem to have a great collection(at least on their site)

My house is in Kodambakkam and would prefer something closer to me like vadapalani , nungambakkam , tnagar etc. though I dont mind travelling far if there is no other option. But I need to have it stitched within 10 days which is very important for me.

Your suggestions are much appreciated :) .Thanks!

2. chitratrc

chitratrc Senior IL'ite

Hi
    @djk first let me congratulate and recently i attended a betrothal bride was wearing lehenga bought in K speciality in women dresses. it is in Mount Road, Purasawalkam and so many branches. let me detail u. u can browse . The lehenga was very nice and 20k.