1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Breathing Trouble at night

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by LLavanya, Mar 8, 2011.

1. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Hi ILs,

For the past one week, My DH is struggling during sleep. His nose got blocked and he could not breath. He is not having cold, and also this is not happening during day times. Please let me know what to do.He already undergone one EAR operation and if he inhales hardly he gets some thing bad in his ears.

Regards,
    Lavanya.

2. marknel

marknel New IL'ite

You should avoid dairy products as they help form mucous.Don't go for nasal sprays and its wise to consult an ENT ,a CT scan of sinuses will help .

3. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Lavanya

Nothing to worry too much!
    Looks like allergic rhinitis...where you get sudden hack of coughs at night with nasal block, caused by post nasal drip. It will be alright once you wake up and start your regular activities.
    I suggest you bring him to the ENT and check whether he has any polyp inside the nasal passage( to exclude that).
    The ENT will decide if it is allergic /what type of allergy and prescribe suitable medications and advise you on lifestyle changes(list of dos and donts) based on the cause of allergy....that is if it is Allergic rhinitis.
    This may be caused commonly by house dust mites, pollen and some food.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  4. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Thanks Dear Abhisingh and marknel. I ll ask to consult asap.