1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Breastfeeding

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by prameela, Oct 22, 2007.

1. prameela

prameela New IL'ite

Hi Everybody,
    I am Prameela from Bangalore in India. I gave a baby girl on Sept 1 st. She was not latching on to my nipple and the doctor suggested using a syringe and pour in the bottle feed one time per day. Actually my problem is Nipple. My nipples look like flat sometimes . After 21 days, reduces my milk and I want to increase my milk and now I'm anaemic and slept only within 6hrs. Please help me how to increase my breast milk.

2. Neeti

Neeti New IL'ite

Hi Prameela
    First of all stop get tense about your milk supply.be cool and patience Your tensions not only have an effect on your body and decrease milk supply but also your tensions will affect your child who will also become unhappy.
    The more you allow the baby to suck on your breasts the more it will lead to the production of breast milk...
    Massage your breast with hot water .
    also drink a glass of milk or any liquid before feeding the baby you know at times it seems that the production is less but the body will produce as much milk as the baby needs.methi and jeera in your diet.
    check this link . you will get help.

LLLI

Try try and try motherhood teach patience
    Thanks
    Neeti

3. prameela

prameela New IL'ite

Hi neeti,
    Thank u very much.

4. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Eat fenugreek (Vendhaiyam)seed I did that n it really helped. But eat banana to avoid constipation(eating lot of fenugreek will make u constipated)

All the best

-Dsrini