1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Breast Milk Storage - How to do it? Does any paediatrician in Chennai support this?

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Sowmyaravi04, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Sowmyaravi04

Sowmyaravi04 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am Sowmya. I am expecting my second child in a couple of weeks. I plan to continut working after delivery too. But I also want to continue breast feeding my child.

I have heard a lot about BM pumping and storage, but mostly only from american sites. I would like to know if any one here in CHennai has practiced itl; if yes, then what is the best way to do it?

Also, do the paediatricians here support and help in giving ideas? Please help!!!!.

2. mgsuba

mgsuba New IL'ite

Re: Breast Milk Storage - How to do it? Does any paediatrician in Chennai support thi

Hi,

I am not sure of India.But it is well recommend in US.once pumped you can leave the milk at room temperature upto 4 hours.you can keep in the fridge temperature uo to 2 days.

you can get more information at baby center.com.Just search as breast milk storage.

Congratulations on the new arrival.

take care

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2009
  3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Re: Breast Milk Storage - How to do it? Does any paediatrician in Chennai support thi

Sowmya, I am sorry I just got to see your post. Yes, there are quite a few paediatricians who support expressing breastmilk. The one I worked with has passed away unfortunately, but just look up bpni.org, you will find doctors in Chennai who provide good support to mothers who want to return to work.
    I also wanted to say how much I appreciate your dedication toi breastfeed your child. The one resource which I found excellent, though I was only an occasional pumper when my son was little, is Kellymom.com - I know American again, but all of what they say is doable here. BPNI.org also has wonderful resources.Great job :thumbsup