Breast Milk Storage - How to do it? Does any paediatrician in Chennai support this?

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Sowmyaravi04, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Sowmyaravi04

Sowmyaravi04 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am Sowmya. I am expecting my second child in a couple of weeks. I plan to continut working after delivery too. But I also want to continue breast feeding my child.

I have heard a lot about BM pumping and storage, but mostly only from american sites. I would like to know if any one here in CHennai has practiced itl; if yes, then what is the best way to do it?

Also, do the paediatricians here support and help in giving ideas? Please help!!!!.

2. mgsuba

mgsuba New IL'ite

Re: Breast Milk Storage - How to do it? Does any paediatrician in Chennai support thi

Hi,

I am not sure of India.But it is well recommend in US.once pumped you can leave the milk at room temperature upto 4 hours.you can keep in the fridge temperature uo to 2 days.

you can get more information at baby center.com.Just search as breast milk storage.

Congratulations on the new arrival.

take care

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2009
  3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Re: Breast Milk Storage - How to do it? Does any paediatrician in Chennai support thi

Sowmya, I am sorry I just got to see your post. Yes, there are quite a few paediatricians who support expressing breastmilk. The one I worked with has passed away unfortunately, but just look up bpni.org, you will find doctors in Chennai who provide good support to mothers who want to return to work.
    I also wanted to say how much I appreciate your dedication toi breastfeed your child. The one resource which I found excellent, though I was only an occasional pumper when my son was little, is Kellymom.com - I know American again, but all of what they say is doable here. BPNI.org also has wonderful resources.Great job :thumbsup