1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Break - Time

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by daisy2015, Apr 10, 2016.

1. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Part 5

The first half of the day passed by quickly. It was break-time. Sailaja came to me and asked if I would like to go to the canteen with her. I thought “why not?” there we both enjoyed the view while she was having her coffee. As I was not accustomed to coffee or tea from my childhood, I gave her company while watching all the new faces around me or should I say some new faces. He was sitting a few tables ahead of me and was gazing at me as if I am an alien. “What is wrong with him? Why does he keep staring at me like that?” I wanted to shout at him for the discomfort he is creating but then I thought keeping my mouth shut for the time being would be a wise decision as I am new to this place and am not on friendly terms with anyone yet.

After break-time Sailu introduced me to some of her friends from another department and then we all went back to our places. It was almost 7 o’clock when my concentration was broken by a yawn. I wondered who it was that was yawning so loud without decency. I knew who it was without even lifting my head. I got used to his voice by now. I can recognize his voice from anywhere. Strange, but true. Irritation does do wonders at times. I guess.

I closed the system and took my things to go home. When I turned back I saw that Sailaja was nowhere to be seen. I thought she might have left when saw me so engrossed in my work. By the time I reached the lift, I was feeling drowsy and exhausted. I entered the lift and clicked on "close door" button. When I selected the ground floor button and lifted my head I saw him running towards the lift. I got angry with the way he treated me all day. Yes, I know he did not say a word but the way he looked at me made me develop a negative opinion about him. So I did not care to press the “keep doors open” button of the lift and kept watching him innocently. The moment the lift started descending there was a smile on my face. Tit-for-tat I thought. “What is happening to me? I was never like this. Even if people hurt me badly I never thought of causing harm to them in return. Then why on earth am I behaving like this with him?” I had no answer to this. May be what I went through in my previous workplace has left some negativity in me. "Am I turning into a bad person?"

2. leenarajaryan

leenarajaryan Silver IL'ite

Good one daisy seems there is some suspense. But too short dear to guess anything. Keep posting dear.

3. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Wow dear... you posted next part... good one dear... waiting to see whether that guy is our hero....

4. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Good going Daisy ..
    Please post episodes continuously.

I have to read earlier episodes to bring myself on track..blame on my memory :( ..

--PS

5. Bhoonzee

Bhoonzee Gold IL'ite

Hi Daisy,

Just completed reading all your episodes... Good going.

Waiting for your next episode dear.

Thanks

6. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

7. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

8. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Lovely episodes daisy... Interesting plot.... Enjoyed reading the story ...

9. daisy2015

Part- 6

I knew that I had to face him tomorrow but I just couldn’t stop myself from doing such childish act. After I reached home I kept thinking about what I should say to him if he confronts me but came up with no answer that would seem reasonable enough. So, I gave up on spending time on thinking and went to bed.

Tada…. It’s a brand new day. Leaving all my worries behind I got ready and caught the bus on time. I couldn’t stop smiling as this was the first time I was 10 minutes earlier than the regular office time. But, the moment I entered into the lift my smile was swept away just like the letters written on seashore by the waves. There he was, standing right infront of my eyes with a smile on his face talking to someone over phone. This must be my worst nightmare. It can’t be happening on such a beautiful day. What should I do? Should I get out of the lift and use the stairs? That’s ridiculous! Isn’t it?

I was still processing info and trying to come to a conclusion but as always I was late in taking the decision on time. The doors closed right behind my back and the lift started moving. There is nothing that can be done now other than facing whatever is about to come my way. I held myself tightly in the hope that someone else would stop the lift to get in but like I said it is the worst nightmare. I guess we are going to be together until the last stop all alone.

peddadas, sreeram and Rihana like this.
  10. daisy2015