1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Break - Time

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by daisy2015, Apr 10, 2016.

1. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Part - 1

Anu: Hey Nandu! Wakeup girl, otherwise you will be late on your first day to the office.

I rolled my eyes, pulled the bed sheet over my head, turned to the other side and slept. I knew that I have to wake up if I want to be on time on my first day, but I was unable to open my eyes. I was so excited last night that I could barely sleep.

Anu: Nandu, I am serious. If you don't wakeup in the next 5 minutes, I am going to pour this water over your head. Don't blame me then.

How to explain Ananya that I am not lazy. I am just tired and feeling sleepy.

Ok. Ok. Ananya mam, don't drench me with that cool water. I am awake now.

I woke up, got dressed and then (literally) ran to the office. The moment I saw the office doors I could feel my heart beating so fast. I was nervous, shy, excited, and tensed at the same time. There were so many questions that were going on in my mind. Questions, questions, and questions everywhere, but no answers.

As I entered the room, I noticed so many banners and posters placed everywhere. When I reached the entrance door I have noticed a colourful banner saying, "Welcome to all fresher's." I was thrilled. I felt like I have achieved a gold medal or climbed Mount Everest. ( ya ya I know it's too much.)

The moment I entered the room I have noticed that I was the last member of the batch to enter. The whole room fell silent. It seems like they were waiting for me. I gave a "sorry" smile and searched the room for a vacant seat. "There it was. Oh! Thank God. I don't have to ask for an extra chair." Phew!! Wiping the sweat particles from my forehead I reached my seat in a quick pace. I smiled at the girl sitting next to me and tried to start a conversation.

Hi. Did I miss anything?
    No. We were just chit-chatting.
    Oh great! By the way, my name is Nandini. What is your name?
    My name is Kanika.

Before we could say anything to each other besides our name, someone entered the room and the whole room fell silent. She introduced herself as Sravya and then guided us through the procedure. I was awed by her memory power. She is in the assistant manager cadre and is having a wonderful memory regarding all the rules that have been published by the company so far. I could not cope up with the speed with which she was mentioning the rule numbers and the related data. I felt as if I am hearing at a recorded tape that is kept in a fast-forward mode. "How silly of me!"

Had Anu been present here, she would have become madam's chela (disciple). Though I and Anu are sisters, we are two opposite poles in every aspect except loving our family. For us, family comes first. Whenever I refuse listening or following her instructions she would say," You will know my value one day. Mark my words Nandu." And I would tease her saying that, "Yes, guru ma. I know I will."

"..... So, I hope you understood all the do's and dont's."

What?? What did she say? Oh no!! I have missed the entire speech or should I say I drifted off to my own world and lost all the important information that was supposed to come in handy during my stay in this company. What should I do? I can't ask anyone. What would they think of me? First, I came late and now this? What impression would they have about me? No, I can't let anyone know that I have been thinking about something else when mam was explaining the important points.

I have noticed that everyone was carrying their stuff and leaving the room. I silently got up and followed the pack. I better go with them than getting lost in this new place.

peddadas, vaidehi71, Deepu04 and 11 others like this.

2. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Nice episode daisy!! :)
    Enjoyed your narration as usual :)

3. daisy2015

Thank you @IniyaaSri and @Rihana for the likes. I am now filled with more energy to write my story.

IniyaaSri likes this.
  4. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful Narration dear :thumbup:. Looks like a love story:rolleyes: or any twisty line. What ever it maybe i am ready to read it with full josh. All the best daisy dear :thumbsup:

5. daisy2015

Thank you.

sreeram likes this.
  6. daisy2015

Part - 2
    The entire day was spent going from one place to another and from one person to another learning different methods that are related to our job. Finally, by the time they declared that we can go home for the day, we were completely exhausted. I felt like I just got down from a rollercoaster ride.

"One day completed successfully", I told myself. That night, lying flat on the bed I recalled all that took place from the moment I woke up to the moment I was back home. It seemed like a dream. I am actually going to office. Can't believe it. "Somebody pinch me." I said out loud. My sister pinched me and said, "with pleasure."

We both laughed on this and chitchatted for sometime before going to bed. Everything fell in line and days just flew by. I have learned so many things and came to know the difference between real and fake. It has been five months since I joined this company and the questions that I had in my mind on my first day are still hanging over my head. In fact, some more doubts got added to the previous list. "Would I get answers at any time?" I wonder. Today, started just like any other day but I was feeling odd from the moment I woke up. The nightmare that I had the previous night kept popping in my mind.

A slight movement near my seat made me jump out of it. I was scared to that extent. I kept praying that nothing bad should happen now or ever. Though I told myself that dreams are just dreams and they will never turn into reality, one or two incidents from my past kept pestering me.

"Nandu. What are you thinking?" It was then when I realized that my Han was shaking and I was drenched in sweat. I excused myself from there and went to freshen up. Putting on a fake smile on my face I went back to my place.

By the time I reached home, the bad news was already waiting for me. My friend met with an accident and expired on her way to the hospital. This news broke my heart into pieces. Friend is the only person with whom you can be who you really are and friend is the only one who becomes your shield and protects you from the world at all times. Friend is one whom you can trust blindly in this mean world.

So many things changed after that day. I became silent, started spending most of the time alone. My sister tried to get me back to normal but everything remained same for almost one year. In the meanwhile, she got married and left. I started feeling more lonely. It was then when I recalled her words. Yes, she was right. I am missing her a lot.

Deepu04, Bhoonzee, sindmani and 4 others like this.
  7. daisy2015

@Shivalaya thank you for the like. I am happy to know that you liked my story.

8. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

So many incidents in a single episode!! Interesting Daisy!!
    So now I am waiting to see whats gonna happen next!!
    And missing sister and bestie at the same time should be too painful!!
    Good going btw! :)

StrangerLady likes this.
  9. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Hey wow :cheer: posted second episode so soon. Superb.

daisy2015 likes this.
  10. Mery

Mery Silver IL'ite

New story good start