1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Brazillian Waxing

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by PinkRubies, Oct 30, 2008.

1. luminance

luminance New IL'ite

Hi ladies!

Newbie in this forum. I've been looking for a BW salon here in Delhi...I've searched online and even called a few salons, to no avail.

I'm a veteran (that makes me feel sooo old lol) of B-waxing and it was one of my major concerns when my husband and I moved here in India. Three months here and I havent found someone to do it for me.

So I'm off to do it myself (wish me luck!) . But I need to now which brand you'd recommend.

What brand have you been using, VIP2000?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  2. VIP2000

VIP2000 New IL'ite

Hey Luminance,
    Though I have tried several brands since I got into BW, my preferred brands now are either Cirepil Cristal Ocean from Perron Rigot ( my first choice ) or Rosette Magic by Lycon. :thumbsup

Good to know that you plan to wax yourself. Hope you find it easy enuff ... best luck for that. Do share your experience here.

Luv

3. chandannasta

chandannasta Silver IL'ite

I think its painful bcoz recently in the Roadies program which comes on MTV channel this type of act was kept for guys where brazilian waxing was done in between their legs who had lots of hair.

The gals were literally laughing and laughing by watching the expression on each and every guy's face.

4. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,

Thank you all for the information. I just have a small doubt. Please, someone clarify.

I never waxed my underarms until few months back out of fear of pain. My friends told me it would be super painful and hence I was using hair removal creams. But of late, my underarm skin went dark, so I switched to waxing. The first time I did, it was only a little painful (opposite to what I heard). From the next time, no pain at all.

So I just wanted to know if it is the same for BW too? I understand the perception of pain is different for each individual, so if someone can explain in comparison with underarm waxing, it would be easier for me to understand how much painful BW would be.

Also, can anyone tell me where they do BW in chennai?

Thanks in advance :)

5. sruthi1407

sruthi1407 New IL'ite

Well, its definitely more painful if u compare it to underarms. I have got it done at Naturals and Lakme salons at chennai. The cost is Rs 250 and Rs 100 respectively.

6. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Thanks sruthi for the information...

7. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Ha ha, the pain progressively gets less and less over time. Its painful the first time, though not really as bad as its made out and lasts only a fraction of a second or so, so its doable, and you can always ask her to stop if its beyond your threshold.

I'd suggest popping a pain reliever an hour or so before you go there and don't go for a brazilian if you're a first timer at waxing down there. Start small, get a bikini wax first, and slowly graduate to the brazilian over a couple of times ;).

8. richasharma242

richasharma242 New IL'ite

Hi ILITES..

After getting the courage from reading this thread i did try brazilian at home n yeah the results are amazing..first time i did only bikini wax few months back n second time did a little more to go for brazilian touch...but it feels a little painful getting to that inner line...can someone share views on that...may be..an epilator would be more suitable for that inner line...any comments pls...

9. ValuableTime

ValuableTime Senior IL'ite

Just read this thread and I am amazed ladies.. Really?? how do you get such courage to do this?? I am totally scared. I very badly need to experience the super clean feeling after all your suggestions. But I am totally scared about it.
    I have the worst coarse hair. I use to trim it with scissors and it is like a thick mustache. Is that how it is for you girls too?? or it is a little lighter ?? I think I have the worst ever coarse hair and the pain would be excruciating. So I am totally afraid to go for it.
    I do underarms and its not that much painful now. But for the brazilian wax, I am not sure. I was having an idea that no body in India do that. But now after seeing these posts I got some good info. I am totally scared about my coarse thick hair though. Please advise.

10. VIP2000

VIP2000 New IL'ite

Hello VT,

Read your post and am able to see a lot of similarities between the two of us. I too have / had very coarse, thick hair growth. In fact I was used to shaving my mound with razor initially !! And as you rightly said, carried a ' moustache' myself too down there ;-)
    Fortunately some incidences lead me here and after some kind advice, encouragement from friends here I landed into a parlor where I got a very good job done. After the usual hesitance & pains experienced, I am now in a situation to advice you to go for it. Once your initial fright & pains subside after a couple of sittings, you will realise how convenient it is. Due to regular waxing, my coarse hirsute has now come down to a thin, sparse patch. I am sure that with a regular work done, you will get a smooth, super clean feeling you are looking for. So shed all your inhibitions and try it out for atleast a couple of times initially. Hope this helps you to erase your fear and hesitancy.
    Best of luck and do share your experience

Luv